Kindle support question.

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
DEMON212

Kindle support question.

Post by DEMON212 »

Just got a Kindle and I want to test a Manga on it real bad.

After ages of looking, I fall butt backwards into the Aoi House and Vampire cheerleader Manga's. I'd never heard of them before, so I then spent ages looking into what they are and finding out what other series' exist from Zoom Comics.

They sound right up my alley but I have one worry,

Will everything come to Kindle?

I can't find anything on where the company stands with Kindle support meaning if they plan to always include Kindle (Sometimes with video games especially you can find out where a developer stands on releasing old titles and if every old title will be made available via things like the Wii's VC or HD reboots on the PSN/XBL:A).

Because I can see that everything except maybe the short story about Aoi House is available (4 Manga's containing the lot, is that right?) and I can see that so far there's only 2 Vampire Cheerleaders out and both are on Kindle. Same with Dracula Everlasting (1 in pysical form, 1 on Kindle") and Amazing Agent Jennifer (2 in pysical form, 2 in Kindle).

But I can't find anything out about Lizzie Newton or Paranormal Mystery Squad being made available on Kindle and as I say I can't find anything that confirms if every Vampire Cheerleader, Amazing Agent Jennifer or Dracula Everlasting will be released on Kindle, because I'd hate to be half way through a series and then for support to stop. I know I could finish reading them on line (That's a cool thing, releasing new sections every few days) but I much prefer to be able to read on the go.

I also have no idea if I missed any series' out (I'd be interested to know because it just means more Manga, which is never a bad thing).

Oh, and I should probably say I'm in the U.K just incase the NA Kindle store differs.

Thank you in advance for any and all help that can be given on this subject and I apologise if I've asked this in the wrong forum, as you can probably guess, it's my first post here.

:ymdevil: DEMON212 :ymdevil:

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Kindle support question.

Post by Adam_Arnold »

But I can't find anything out about Lizzie Newton or Paranormal Mystery Squad being made available on Kindle
Lizzie Newton and Witch Hunter (starting soon) will be made available on Kindle, Nook, and iPad once the print editions come out this summer. We're running the books exclusive on ZoomComics right now as a way of building up interest in them.

Vampire Cheerleaders contains both Vampire Cheerleaders and Paranormal Mystery Squad. The story arcs are around 100 pages each, so we pair them together as a double-feature. Vol. 1 contains the first story of VC and the first story of PMS. Vol. 2 contains the 2nd story arcs of each.

and as I say I can't find anything that confirms if every Vampire Cheerleader, Amazing Agent Jennifer or Dracula Everlasting will be released on Kindle, because I'd hate to be half way through a series and then for support to stop.
If Seven Seas makes the series itself, we try to release it as an ebook.
So yes, Vampire Cheerleaders, Jennifer, Dracula, Amazing Agent Luna... those will be ebooked and have digital editions for sure. And those will be released world wide, so they will have UK releases.

DEMON212

Post by DEMON212 »

Excellent news, thank you for the very quick and incredibly helpful reply :)

I can't wait to get stuck in, I think I'll start with Aoi House as it's all out now so I can jump from one to another.

Because you could say I have an addictive personallity when it comes to reading. It took me a day to read Sin City 1 then 3 days total to read 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 (Which was twice as big as the others) because once I start, I gather steam until the job is done :)

So I truly do appreciate both the responce and the effort you guys are putting into producing a lot of Manga for the Kindle.

Keep it up :D

:ymdevil: DEMON212 :ymdevil:

Archsenex

Post by Archsenex »

Were the Avalon books pulled from the kindle store? I cant find them any more and the links are broken. Thanks,

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Archsenex wrote:Were the Avalon books pulled from the kindle store? I cant find them any more and the links are broken. Thanks,
Yes, all of Seven Seas' Avalon: Web of Magic and Avalon: The Warlock Diaries eBooks were taken down on December 31, 2011 so that Red Sky can create "enhanced" eBook versions in the coming months. All of Seven Seas' print editions are still in print and will remain in print, though.

ScarletBird

Post by ScarletBird »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Archsenex wrote:Were the Avalon books pulled from the kindle store? I cant find them any more and the links are broken. Thanks,
Yes, all of Seven Seas' Avalon: Web of Magic and Avalon: The Warlock Diaries eBooks were taken down on December 31, 2011 so that Red Sky can create "enhanced" eBook versions in the coming months. All of Seven Seas' print editions are still in print and will remain in print, though.
Do you know in what ways the eBooks will be "enhanced" and when they'll be available again?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

ScarletBird wrote:Do you know in what ways the eBooks will be "enhanced" and when they'll be available again?
Since Seven Seas isn't involved with these new digital versions, I haven't heard much about what Red Sky plans to do with their enhanced ebook editions or when they'll be available. I do know they were planning to make the art move.