Seven Seas Announces GIRL FRIENDS & BIG BROTHER!!

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Seven Seas Announces GIRL FRIENDS & BIG BROTHER!!

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Seven Seas Goes Omnibus-First With GIRL FRIENDS and I DON'T LIKE YOU AT ALL, BIG BROTHER!!
http://www.gomanga.com/news/press_055.php

ydy

Re: Seven Seas Announces GIRL FRIENDS & BIG BROTHER!!

Post by ydy »

Thank you very much for licensing Girl Friends. I considered importing it from Japan, but this will be much less expensive (I'll be able to read it, too). October can't come soon enough.

Oveneise

Post by Oveneise »

Thanks for licensing Girl Friends. I'll have to pick that up sometime.
Take his BED.

Trunks_Elk

Post by Trunks_Elk »

I'm really happy with Girl Friends, i was praying for this mangá a time ago.

But, it will be a total of 2 volumes? Or it will be released in 2-in-1 format??

You could put some color pages too.. It's US$17.99 and we will lost some really beautiful covers. =/

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Trunks_Elk wrote:But, it will be a total of 2 volumes? Or it will be released in 2-in-1 format??
We're going to be splitting book 3 in half like we did with the Kashimashi omnibus collections.

icyangelx

Post by icyangelx »

Yay! Thank you so much for licensing Girl Friends! It's one of my favorite mangas.

Although, I do have a question. Would Girl Friends only be available via the Omnibus edition? Or perhaps there might be releases by separate volumes in the future?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

icyangelx wrote:Would Girl Friends only be available via the Omnibus edition? Or perhaps there might be releases by separate volumes in the future?
Girl Friends will only be released as two omnibus collections. There are no plans for singles.

silentkitsune

Post by silentkitsune »

Thank you!!! I'm really happy that Seven Seas has picked up "Girl Friends". I love Morinaga Milk's work, and I've always hoped that some of it would get licensed.

If "Girl Friends" does well, I'd recommend licensing her other yuri series: "Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink"

Parsifal25

Post by Parsifal25 »

Thank's for liscinseing I Don't Like You At All Big Brother I realize it's not due out till Augest of next year but it's listed as out of stock on Barnes and Noble dot com Wichita struck me as odd don't know why this is but thought I'd at least ask again thanks for the liscinse.

Catboy Nya

Post by Catboy Nya »

I can't wait to cop 'Girl Friends: Complete Collection 1'. In all my fandom (for a certain genre) it might seem to be a strenuous wait.. October O Yeah.

SoundDemon44

Post by SoundDemon44 »

Glad to see you guys picked up GF, looks like a fun slice o life.

No comment on the other, seems abit iffy to meh, but meh.

Glad to see u guys continuing to grow.

Also looking foward to that manga you have coming out about Sherlock holmes neice.
Dear Seven Seas..Please Save the Disgaea Manga & Light Novels..since Broccoli left us fans out in the cold.

keatsta

Post by keatsta »

Thanks for licensing Girl Friends! Am I right in thinking that it will be unaltered in terms of censorship?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

keatsta wrote:Thanks for licensing Girl Friends! Am I right in thinking that it will be unaltered in terms of censorship?
We don't censor artwork in our print editions. Not that Girl Friends has anything bad in it that would ever need to be censored in the first place! ^_^;

keatsta

Post by keatsta »

Adam Arnold wrote:
keatsta wrote:Thanks for licensing Girl Friends! Am I right in thinking that it will be unaltered in terms of censorship?
We don't censor artwork in our print editions. Not that Girl Friends has anything bad in it that would ever need to be censored in the first place! ^_^;
Cool, thanks. I've seen other publishers add in "extra steam" or try to pass off alcohol as "sugary juice" and junk like that, glad that I have nothing to worry about here.

TeaShaun

Post by TeaShaun »

So happy to hear you're releasing Girl Friends!