Which Seven Seas Manga would you like turned into an Anime?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.

Which Seven Seas Manga would you like turned into an Anime?

Total votes: 0

59cobalt

Re: I love to see some of our SSE manga into anime.

Post by 59cobalt »

Peregrin wrote:Wait, I'm sorry, what? It was drawn manga style? Reading left-to=right in standard American comic format with topics relating to US politics and societal flaws?
So, basically you're saying that
  • Fred Gallagher's Megatokyo isn't manga-style, because it reads from left to right?
  • CLAMP's Miyuki-chan in Wonderland isn't manga-style, because its format is larger than usual?
  • Kaoru Mori's Emma isn't manga-style, because it addresses social issues in Victorian England?
You may want to think that over.

That said, I do agree that The Boondocks aren't really drawn in manga-style. There are a few resemblances, but not enough to qualify. IMHO.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I look at The Boondocks as having a mix of influences.

As a random example pulled from google images, this page from MLK's birthday shows an artistic style that isn't that different from what we've been seeing on Cartoon Network for a while now with shows like Ben 10.
Last edited by Giz on Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mdo7

Re: I love to see some of our SSE manga into anime.

Post by mdo7 »

Peregrin wrote:
mdo7 wrote:Take Aaron Mcgruder's The Boondock. It was drawn Manga style, and now it's been adapted into a anime-style animation (until the 2nd season where it become a true anime).
Wait, I'm sorry, what? It was drawn manga style? Reading left-to=right in standard American comic format with topics relating to US politics and societal flaws? Interesting... By these criteria, Doonesbury is also a manga. Who'd a thunk it?
Actually It wasn't read from right to left like a manga, But he drew the character manga style. It might poke fun at US politic and pop culture. So what Isn't there anime and manga that poke fun at politic and pop culture also. Mcgruder stated that Cowboy Bebop and Samurai CHamploo was his influence for the animation. The animation resemble Samurai Champloo and the opening is also a reference to it also. Oh The second season is been done in true anime and this is helping people who never watch anime is introducing people to the anime fad also.
1. Sarcasm. Learn to detect it.

2. Define "manga style", and explain how The Boondocks artstyle fits.
The Character of Huey and Riley were drawn with detail eyes just like a manga did. It might not look like it, but it's true. Mcgruder stated that his drawing is almost manga style. Heck according to the minor character, there is a character named Hiro Otomo, and he is a referenced to a manga artist, Katsuhiro Ōtomo. That does prove that it is a bit of manga in it.
Last edited by Slavianachaph on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[URL=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/mikedo2007][IMG]http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/mikedo2007.png[/IMG][/URL]

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

1. Sarcasm. Learn to detect it.

2. Define "manga style", and explain how The Boondocks artstyle fits.

JHERRY

Post by JHERRY »

LAST HOPE!!!!

oh! why Hollow fields in not on the list??

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

I suspect it's not on the list because when the thread was made, Hollow Fields didn't exist.

Junkister

Post by Junkister »

I would like to see Aoi House as an anime

mdo7

Re: Which Seven Seas Manga would you like turned into an Ani

Post by mdo7 »

Well I know 3 years have passed but a lot of thing have changed since the last post, but we've seen western franchises getting anime adaptation/anthologies/tie-in.

2008: Batman: Gotham Knight. An anime anthology based on Batman (specifically, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight)

2010: Halo Legends. This is the 3rd time an American video game get a anime tie-in (the first 2 was Wizardry and SiN).

2010-2011: The Marvel anime. We now saw X-men, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade getting anime adaptation. Back in the 80's there was a anime adaptation of Tomb of Dracula.

2012: Funimation, EA, and Bioware has announced that Dragon Age and Mass Effectwill get anime adaptation.

What am I getting at?? Well please raise your hope because someday in the future, OEL manga could maybe one day get anime adaptation. But here something interesting, the Kyoto manga Museum is showcasing North America manga-inspired art over there. Sadly none of the Seven Sea title has been used in this showcase, but I'll welcome Seven Sea to have Kyoto Manga museum showcase works like Amazing Agent Luna, Aoi House, Last Hope, and Cheerleader Vampire for the Japanese public.
[URL=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/mikedo2007][IMG]http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/mikedo2007.png[/IMG][/URL]

Oveneise

Post by Oveneise »

Hayate X Blade
Take his BED.

ProvidenceBreaker

Post by ProvidenceBreaker »

This thread probably only applies to SS's original series, but I'd like JC Staff to remake the Railgun anime so it takes place in the same canon as the Index anime. It'll never happen, but I can dream.

daniel32119

Post by daniel32119 »

I would like Hollow Fields as an anime!

trexking91

Post by trexking91 »

Maybe Last Hope.
I'm sick of some people that saying that OEL would never get anime adaptation, just because its OEL. There are many western works that got anime adaptations. Here is some of them that I know:
Batman Gotham Knight
Marvel Anime
Dragon Age
Mass Effect
Halo Legends
Stitch
The Jungle Book
Zorro
Cinderela
Tom Sawyer
Tales from Earthsea
Oban Star Racers (even if it is a co-prodution between france and japan)
And the list goes on and on...

Milagros

Post by Milagros »

Obviously the amazing agent luna.