REQUEST THREAD: What Manga Should Seven Seas License Next?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Henduluin wrote:Lastly, Mx0 is another one I'd like to see. Really too bad it got canned halfway through the story due to lack of popularity in Japan, it had the potential to rival One Piece and the other great shounen action series.
I second MxO, it was a very entertaining series.

Vatina

Post by Vatina »

Hi Archer, fun to see you here :D

Kara no Kyoukai has already been licensed, by Del Rey I think. At least they had a chapter of it in an anthology.

SniperX

Post by SniperX »

Archerwannabe wrote:More light novels!

As much I´d like to have Fate/zero light novels lisenced, I doubt it would be such a good idea, since you are SUPPOSED to have played the game first.
Though it still makes sense reading it even without it, or just after seeing the anime I quess, but still, to it´s pretty much directed to those who are.
LIES!

And, to elaborate a bit more on my accusation. Fate/Zero can, as you already stated, can be read as an independent novel. Reading the Visual Novel is, in essence, a bonus, but not a requirement. It's kind of link the Star Wars movies, if you watch the prequel AFTER the sequel (in chronological order), you get a nifty viewing effect, as you can see everything take shape, and you know how it's going to turn out. But you don't HAVE to see the sequel to enjot the prequel, it just gives you that added bonus effect. Plus, Fate currently has three outlets for the rest of the story, that being the manga (TP) anime (Funi.Geneon) and the Visual Novel itself (Mirrormoon). So people have plenty of outlets to se the rest if they choose to do so! We just need someone to give us an outlet for the novel (which are only four volumes long! :happyhappy: )

As for KnK, Del Rey will be releasing it in two volumes in 09! Can't wait for that one!

That being said, I also support any type of release from Type-moon and Key. I don't think anyone has snagged AIR, Kanon, or Clannad, so those would be good titles to add to 7C's collection. That's after Fate/Zero and Spice and Wolf get released, of course :happyhappy:

PS: I'm kinds hellbent of the Fate thing, so don't mind me! :sweat:

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

"To-love-ru" by Saki Hasemi, that story might need to be shrinkwrapped though...

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

"Kamen Teacher" by Tohru Fujisawa

"Girls Saurus" and "Girls Saurus DX" by Kei Kusunoki

All_Hail_Otakudom

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom »

Highschool Of The Dead(Zombie Killing action wut more can u ask 4?)

All_Hail_Otakudom

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom »

Zero no Tsukaima(manga)
Haru Yo Koi
Amatsuki
School Days
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Mysterious Girlfriend X
To-LOVE-Ru
Last edited by nuusgymok on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]