I think I'm trying to kill myself...

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

redprincess

I think I'm trying to kill myself...

Post by redprincess »

I know I have bouts of depression but I think now I'm actually going to kill myself....

I've decided to submit a story to MICC and make a cosplay for otakon... And I havent started either yet... Lol! So in one months time I need to write a story, design the characters, draw layouts, the story, ink it, tone it, letter it... AND sew a jacket, pants, create the accessories, and a prop staff (I was going to get into a huge project of articulated wings but felt thats better saved for when I have more time and money)................

I'm quite sure I will die. So far the only thing I have accomplished is an idea for my story and an itty-bitty-hat made from felt. Lol!! I'll either die or go insane! Whoo!! Wish me luck, I know I'll need it to survive!

yesterdayshero

Re: I think I'm trying to kill myself...

Post by yesterdayshero »

Hurry up kid I already wrote my story up and am half way done with the storyboards~!!!
ImageImage

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

Aww you call me kid even though I'm probably older than you. Lol. I actually I've finished writing it and started on story boards. I just may need to rework a few things. I need to set it aside for today and look at it tomorrow with fresh eyes. For the rest of today I will work on cosplay-ness. Anyone know how to make pants? Haw!

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Pants are a mystery...
ImageImage

shutupadrian

Post by shutupadrian »

Good luck.

With the making of costumes and comics, I mean. Not with the killing yourself.

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

Thanks, I also wish good luck with anyone also drawing for this contest (and/or making cosplay outfits!)

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

Does this page look weird? I've spend aloto f time on that bottom panel but it just looks so wrong. I mean... it doesnt look like the woman in panel 2 (R-L style), and I do have alot of trouble drawing facing forward faces. Any advice would be awesome!

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Looks fine to me, I've always loved that type of smile instead of the typical anime smile, cuz come on, who smiles with their eyes closed. D< ah shit... there's only like a little more than a month for the deadline @_@ I wish I never had to sleep...
ImageImage

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

I had originally drawn her that way, but I didnt like it face forward so I tried it this way, but it looks like two different people.

shutupadrian

Post by shutupadrian »

I think the problem might be that the face is too long or too narrow in the last panel.

Her shoulder in the third panel is also a little wonky.

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

I think I may try redrawing it on separate paper and if I like it better I'll merge it on the computer. As for her shoulder in that panel, it doesn't matter too much, most of that will be covered with a word bubble. lol.

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

Page one inked and toned!

My hand hurts like hell after drawing those trees (took over 2 hours) and the second panel I traced, but I still like how it came out.

shutupadrian

Post by shutupadrian »

redprincess wrote:Page one inked and toned!

My hand hurts like hell after drawing those trees (took over 2 hours) and the second panel I traced, but I still like how it came out.
Nice! The pain was worth it, I think. ;)

The trick now, I think, is to make sure your other panels hold up against your traced panel in terms of realism, proportions, and detail.

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

I'll post more pages as they are finished to get everyones opinion

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

The inked page looks good, just keep it up with the other pages so no one flips back and realizes a quality difference. Good luck on the suicide ride!