Artist materials

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

blueyoshimenace

Re: Artist materials

Post by blueyoshimenace »

shutupadrian wrote:Well looky what the mailman brought today. Thankfully got it in before Canada Post goes on strike.

Zebra Comic Nib - G Model - Chrome - Pack of 10
Tachikawa Comic Nib Holder - Model 40
Got it through jetpens.com

Had it in stock. Delivered within a week. I'm excited.

Now to see if them there nibs are as good as all that.
SHUT THE F@#K UP! I just got the exact thing today from Akadot, and 160 pages of deleter paper and white ink.

Parallax

Post by Parallax »

I use Berol Prismacolor markers as well as Copic markers with Prismacolor colored pencils.

Scotty6000

Post by Scotty6000 »

I use Deleter a4 paper, Dr.Martins Black India Ink, and nibs ranging from the Maru pen, G-pen, and Hunt Artist pens. The Hunt Artist pens are starting to grow on me, Particulaly the 102. <33

ChewbaccaStomper

Post by ChewbaccaStomper »

For Paper I usually use: 11X17 Canson Fanboy Comic and Manga Board

For inking I use: Black Cat India Ink, Raphaël Kolinsky Red Sable Fine Pointed Round #2 brush, and either Staedtler Pigment Liner Sketch Pens or Sakura Pigma Micron Pens... I also use Photoshop sometimes.

Coloring wise, I usually stick to digital. If I do traditional coloring, I will use Watercolors, or Dr PH Marten Dyes

::EDIT::

I forgot about the pencils I use. I don't use regular pencils. I use a Lead Holder, Or Drafting Pencil if you call it that. I usually use 4h lead for my roughs, then switch to HB to tighten them up before inks!
chewbaccastomper.tumblr.com <--- Check out my artwork!

It's been a long time since I've been around. Hopefully not too much has changed!