Still alive...

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

StrateryB

Re: Still alive...

Post by StrateryB »

Just practice. And because I like redheads.

The man's microphone is connected to the girl's headphones. Though he stays silent, tears continue to stream down her face.
For a school project that I rushed last minute.

For a short webcomic I'm doing (about 4 chapters). Updates will start after New Years...because I feel really awkward starting before a new year (idk I'm nitpicky). My OC Zelia, she isn't the protagonist but she's the lead female (er-only female...). I tried not to give her too much of a body since she's only 14 years old.

Webcomic is here. Going to use my winter break to get a head start on pages.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

0_0
ImageImage

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Oooh, looking good. I like the thicker line work. I dunno if it's good form or anything, it's just a personal preference~

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Two OCs for a private RP I'm doing with my sister and a friend. Even after the RP dies/ends, I still want to use these characters for something because I've grown pretty fond of them.

Colored the sketch from above.

ImageImage
Pg.1 and 2 of my current webcomic, Star Dust.
I'm extremely iffy about this pages since idk when it was that I drew them and they were just sitting there for who knows how long, waiting to update themselves on SmackJeeves, haha.

My first entry for the GambleSuits OCT, round 5th Die.
Omfg I am so happy that I finished this, fuuu...
but then I realized I made a mistake when coloring the water, but idc right now, I'm happy.
and I did an Improvement Meme from 2004-2010.
yesterdayshero wrote:0_0
@__@
Peregrin wrote:Oooh, looking good. I like the thicker line work. I dunno if it's good form or anything, it's just a personal preference~
Yeah, I prefer the thicker lines as well. I don't know why...just look so much better to me than thin ones. And much more fun imo.

Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

Nice nice NICE work. I can see the progress from first to recent pages! O_O so clean! :D And you're working so hard on them! :D ^^ Wish I can work as earnestly. D:

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Just want to show this off since Idk the last time I did a collab.
Collab picture of our OCT OCs that I did with my sister and my friend Amy. Amy's OCs are to the left, my sister's OCs are in the center, and mine are to the right.

It was funnn. I don't know how else to describe it besides that it was fun~
Kitsune wrote:Nice nice NICE work. I can see the progress from first to recent pages! O_O so clean! :D And you're working so hard on them! :D ^^ Wish I can work as earnestly. D:
Thanks a bunch!
Earnest isn't really the word for me...I'm so lazy lol

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Sketchy lines = laziness

Good thing this is a practice webcomic.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Drawn with my sister, her OC and mine for the Gamblesuits OCT.

Rough character designs for a story called "Colours" for someone on Smackjeeves.

Finalized version of one of the characters.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Drawn March 27, 2011.
This is being lazy. And god--looking at this bugs me to a large extent now.

Drawn March 30, 2011
Collaboration with my sister and we were practicing using textures for the first time. Our OCs, hers is on the left and mine on the right, from a story that we were working on.

For a school project. It was a group project and each of us (three) were given four panels to tell our superhero story. My friend Jennifer's friend Kyle had the beginning (describes the superhero's birth to puberty), Jennifer had the middle (superhero's teenage years), and I had the end (superhero's adulthood). So in short--yes, this alone doesn't make sense without the other two parts, sorry.
This was a lot of fun though, makes me miss doing that collab story with Alastor and Abelia.

Btw, we dropped that story, in case anyone was wondering. Meli and my sister's characters were dropped altogether, but a few of my characters, Alastor, Agnese, and Sigmund were reused for another story that--originally it was the three of us working on it--my sister and I write.

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Love the angles in the first one * V *
ImageImage

Dai

Post by Dai »

StrateryB wrote: Btw, we dropped that story, in case anyone was wondering. Meli and my sister's characters were dropped altogether, but a few of my characters, Alastor, Agnese, and Sigmund were reused for another story that--originally it was the three of us working on it--my sister and I write.
That's sad. Well, good luck on your new project. If you can, start drawing it before you lose interest.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

yesterdayshero wrote:Love the angles in the first one * V *
It was a lot more fun to draw than I thought too.
Dai wrote:
StrateryB wrote: Btw, we dropped that story, in case anyone was wondering. Meli and my sister's characters were dropped altogether, but a few of my characters, Alastor, Agnese, and Sigmund were reused for another story that--originally it was the three of us working on it--my sister and I write.
That's sad. Well, good luck on your new project. If you can, start drawing it before you lose interest.
Yeah, I still like the basic concept of the story and all, but that's what I get for trying to write a superhero story (satirical or not) with two girls, hahaha. I'm keeping it in mind though, something of a solo project instead.

We're still tweaking the cast a bit (since Meli ditched out on this, the cast needs some cleaning up), but so far I have more interest in it than in the previous. It's more of a psychological horror, which still makes me laugh how characters like Alastor, Agnes (name change), and Sigmund started from a comedy and then moved to this darker story. Actually, the shonen-aish picture above of the two males were the characters that we were debating on whether or not to add.
My sister and I are writing out the scripts for several of our projects, so it's been a lot of fun.

A month old. For a collab picture I drew with Meli and my sister, we each had three characters but I disliked how my last guy turned out.

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Extremely impressive art style, your poses and backgrounds make me very envious of you. The design of clothing is superb compared with the lack of originality I use.

Keep posting your art, they are all grand pieces of art and very enjoyable to view.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Keyblade Master Sora wrote:Extremely impressive art style, your poses and backgrounds make me very envious of you. The design of clothing is superb compared with the lack of originality I use.

Keep posting your art, they are all grand pieces of art and very enjoyable to view.
Thanks a bunch, that's nice to hear.

Two super quick sketches done super early in the morning when I was feeling...super.

Vocaloid.

An OC of mine, personally I think I made her face too young. She's around seventeen...maybe it's just me.