Still alive...

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

I didnt think there was a prob with the head...9_9 but thats just me...

btw strat' where your avatar from?
ImageImage

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Really? It seems like the body is too big for the head (or maybe her ass and chest are too big, but whatever).

It's from Axis Powers Hetalia. The characters are Japan and England, gender bent as girls (Igiko). Fan art from Pixiv.

guillx

Post by guillx »

yesterdayshero wrote:I didn't think there was a prob with the head...9_9 but thats just me...

her head really is too small

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

guillx wrote:
yesterdayshero wrote:I didn't think there was a prob with the head...9_9 but thats just me...

her head really is too small
It's not that bad, the head is fine.

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

StrateryB wrote:Really? It seems like the body is too big for the head (or maybe her a** and chest are too big, but whatever).

It's from Axis Powers Hetalia. The characters are Japan and England, gender bent as girls (Igiko). Fan art from Pixiv.
link nao
ImageImage

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

yesterdayshero wrote:
StrateryB wrote:Really? It seems like the body is too big for the head (or maybe her a** and chest are too big, but whatever).

link nao
To the Pixiv drawing or just to something of them overall?

Because I don't have the link to the pixiv drawing currently, plus I didn't make the icon.

So sorry D:

EDIT: I finally finished this, but it's late so whatever.

Axis Powers Hetalia again (I'm a major freak for this, watch me regret this in the future), my OT3 (4?!) Hungary/Austria/Prussia (Germany too?)

Just a really quick color of an old pic (Line art was done on Dec.17-anything two weeks is old to me. By that time I can already see the mistakes). I know, Austria looks really fucked up but oh well, my lazy ass isn't gonna fix it anyways.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I didn't draw these pictures, but they're connected to a project/story I'm working on with my friend "Meliona" and Gardenia (who just recently joined this forum but has yet to say anything).

The project itself is a comedy/romance heavily influenced by the common hero/villain idea (in this case there's no main antagonist however).

This was done by Gardenia:
This is one of the characters in the story, he's the younger of twins. The twins are basically in the story mainly for the comedic factor; I didn't bother drawing the older brother considering the fact that they look the same anyway.
Gardenia isn't exactly working on the story with us (although she did design this one character), but she makes some major contributions, so even if she doesn't count herself I still count her in.

By Meliona:
Three characters in the story created and designed by her, the female is one of the two main leads. These were really quick concept sketches so they aren't the best of her ability, but still good enough to tell who's who and what's what.

My side of the characters was on the first page.
It's not a serious project (not for Gardenia and I anyway), just done for fun. Not looking to be published but a mere sport between friends. At least I hope this is thought mutually, considering the fact I rather pursue anthropology/sociology rather than art.

Just thought this might be nice to share, at least for me it is. Most of my projects are co-op stories with Gardenia so it's kind of fresh to work with another person.

Dai

Post by Dai »

When can we expect the first few pages?

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I'm not sure.

We already created most of the cast and plot but we keep tweaking a few things here and there. Probably a long time from now..next year?

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I was messing around with different styles. I used Hungary/Elizaveta from APH as a test subject.
Hated the other styles and ended up reverting to my original. I guess I'm content with how I draw.

I think I killed myself drawing #4, 5, and 6.
#2 was based off of Ken Akamatsu, the person who influenced my art the most (although it's very hard to tell).
Hate those styles so badly yet I drew them for some unknown reason. Hnh.

A W.I.P Meliona is doing of our characters for our collaboration project

I felt so touched that she drew my half of the characters too, so I got Gardenia to collab with me on a group pic too. Post it when I finish coloring it.

EDIT: here's a few W.i.P.s of what I'm working on

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

A collaboration I did with Gardenia.
Coloring fails so badly on my part, I've already kind of killed myself for the girl's(in front) hair.

Our original characters for a story collaboration with my friend Meliona and Gardenia. It was originally meant to be a group picture but it's missing one character, failure again on my part.

Most of the "villains" are on one side but overall, there's really no set up.

guillx

Post by guillx »

StrateryB wrote:Image

A collaboration I did with Gardenia.
Coloring fails so badly on my part, I've already kind of killed myself for the girl's(in front) hair.

Our original characters for a story collaboration with my friend Meliona and Gardenia. It was originally meant to be a group picture but it's missing one character, failure again on my part.

Most of the "villains" are on one side but overall, there's really no set up.
you really have to work on your 3/4 view faces...

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

guillx wrote:you really have to work on your 3/4 view faces...
Could you be more specific/detailed?

I'm not one for vague answers.

Also, I did an alternative of the group picture.

Villains are wearing dark gray/black and heroes are wearing white/gray.

guillx

Post by guillx »

StrateryB wrote:
guillx wrote:you really have to work on your 3/4 view faces...
Could you be more specific/detailed?

I'm not one for vague answers.

Also, I did an alternative of the group picture.

Villains are wearing dark gray/black and heroes are wearing white/gray.
how can I get more specific than that?
All the characters who have their heads in a 3/4 position have weird shaped faces/heads and you need to work on those, take the main guy in the picture for example, or the one on the upper left with glasses.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

guillx wrote:how can I get more specific than that?
All the characters who have their heads in a 3/4 position have weird shaped faces/heads and you need to work on those, take the main guy in the picture for example, or the one on the upper left with glasses.
Thanks anyway. I'll at least keep what you said in mind.