Still alive...

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

Dai

Re: Still alive...

Post by Dai »

StrateryB wrote:A month old. For a collab picture I drew with Meli and my sister, we each had three characters but I disliked how my last guy turned out.
Who's the guy dressed up as?

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Dai wrote:
StrateryB wrote:A month old. For a collab picture I drew with Meli and my sister, we each had three characters but I disliked how my last guy turned out.
Who's the guy dressed up as?
The third guy? Jet from Cowboy Bebop. The other two are Resident Evil and Tales of the Abyss. My sister used Tales of Vesperia, xxxHolic, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, then Meli used Full Metal Alchemist, Professor Layton, and Kobato.

Drawn on April 28, 2011. Experimental.

Two of my OCs...this drawing actually creeps me out a bit (but I drew it? Yes, I make sense) because they're brothers. And I dislike incest in any type of media, especially since I have three older brothers, I just can't imagine it. It kind of makes sense though, they're both mad so it wouldn't surprise me if they took their relationship to that extent.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Overall, I have no finished pieces to share, but I have some tidbits on my tumblr. Just kind of...remembered that I had one OTL

Although I've been completely or mostly inactive on nearly every site that I go on (Deviantart, Smackjeeves, Mangabullet, hubpages, etc, etc...), this is actually one of my most productive months out of the entire year. And I might be joining a contest centered around creating a 20-30 page short story, with that...I'm wondering what would be a (in your opinion/preference) better choice. I have two ideas:

-- A romantic comedy centered around a young man apologizing
Based on one of my experiences from when I was in junior high and a bully of mine tried to apologize to me. I kind of just beat him with a textbook but that's something that will definitely be changed.
-- A psychological drama based on society's concept of masculinity
Completely fictional story loosely based/inspired from several of my friends who have struggled with their "masculine" image.

Not willing to go too in depth with them, but I prefer the latter. Although I already have a preference, just wondering what people would enjoy reading more.

So...yeah. That's what's up. Just thought it would be okay to drop by and say hey every once in a while (wait, I was here a month ago, wasn't I? Meh). Just...hey, for once I'm not being as lazy and am actually working on shit. Yes, something like that.

Oh.
Btw it isn't really important, but I just thought it would be a fun fact to share: anyone remember the story with Alastor, Abelia, and co., about super heroes and super villains? Well, almost every one of my and my sister's characters have been recycled and reused in our newer works (Alastor, Agnes, and Sigmund in a psychological horror and Veiger, Elisabet, and possibly the twins in our steampunk story). Though some have been tweaked with to fit the setting more (Sigmund has changed the most, poor guy has been downgraded), they're pretty much the same. Dunno, felt like sharing that. It made me happy at the very least.

shutupadrian

Post by shutupadrian »

The romantic comedy, from the perspective of the bully after he gets beat up by the one he's apologizing to. :)

Either one has potential. I think what turns me off the second one is that 'psychological drama' sounds like there's no room for fun, but that's me imposing my subjective tastes.

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

I like the second one, sounds interesting, good luck bunny n_n
ImageImage

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Oh wow. This is what I get for disappearing on a regular basis.

So joining the contest ended up being a complete no-go as it turns out that my dad decided to remodel some parts of our home and that consumed a lot of my summer months. I'm not bummed or anything at all, there's always next year (though I surprise myself with my optimism there as my friends point out I'm quite pessimistic). I did join a writing competition, more for kicks though and I'm pretty sure that the judges won't like my story as I strayed very far off from the base (had to write a short story based on one of the four pictures provided).

But anyway
I've moved deviantART accounts from StrateryB to Bysiac. I'm done sharing my original art and fanfiction for a while seeing as many people posted them without giving me any credit, blahblahblah, it's that story again with art theft.

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

They stole your arts again? 0.0 I thought you were using a watermark now.
ImageImage

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I think it was only for some things that I used a watermark for? And it was someone taking my RP arts, if I remember correctly those didn't have watermarks :< I don't mind too much, just because I was raring for a name change anyway and it was like everything aligned perfectly, haha! At least I got something I wanted xD

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Babysat children that took so long to eat, I had time to make this out of boredom.