Embody

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

aw yeah-by the way making stories is pretty hard. i have some trouble with it too
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Martyr wrote:It reminds me of something..full metalpanic,elfen lied..ahh i no it reminds me of somethin(aw yeah,ever watched elfen lied?that anime is gorey as hell )But yeah i wish i had a deviantart account i got stuff i want to show, i'm kinda paranoid though-u got one?

aw yeah-by the way making stories is pretty hard. i have some trouble with it too
yeah its hard very hard

no i aint watched it i read the first chapter of the manga but it turned me off

my DA is

el-abuso-capital.deviantart.com

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

woo! yeah-i'll check it out
i don't like elfen lied that much either
-GTO

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

something i drew for a contest lol

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

Niiiicce coloring. but-u think they look a bit stiff?and the wrinkles look like they are used in odd places. maybe u can make it more flexible.but on the other hand u are one creative guy
-GTO

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Martyr wrote:Niiiicce coloring. but-u think they look a bit stiff?and the wrinkles look like they are used in odd places. maybe u can make it more flexible.but on the other hand u are one creative guy
I agree, the wrinkles look a little too funny and the black-winged person's arm looks stiff. I think you have a lot of potential and are pretty good, but you need to practice movement and anatomy.

Don't get me wrong, you're great, at least you're brave enough to put your art up here, I'm not :sweat:

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

StrateryB wrote:
Martyr wrote:Niiiicce coloring. but-u think they look a bit stiff?and the wrinkles look like they are used in odd places. maybe u can make it more flexible.but on the other hand u are one creative guy
I agree, the wrinkles look a little too funny and the black-winged person's arm looks stiff. I think you have a lot of potential and are pretty good, but you need to practice movement and anatomy.

Don't get me wrong, you're great, at least you're brave enough to put your art up here, I'm not :sweat:
:saaad: stiff? yeah i messed up that arm and the other guys arm too ><lol>0<

need alot of work still.....=/

thanks i love you both!!! XOXOXOXOXO

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

latest page of my manga enjoy....pg37-38 reads from R to L
whats happening here is that she against her will she imagines herself killing a person she meets(or sees) for the first time ya know? =D

visit my DA page!!!!http://el-abuso-capital.deviantart.com

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

wow, thats nice. u did a good job making it look alittle scary too. hey-do u have to pay for deviant art?
-GTO

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Martyr wrote:wow, thats nice. u did a good job making it look alittle scary too. hey-do u have to pay for deviant art?
o.O pay fo DA??? watcha takin about willis???

its FREE but if you wanna to browse without ads you pay a small fee...

join DA!!! its fun!!! ^^

thanks for your comment!!!

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

yesterdayshero wrote:
Martyr wrote:wow, thats nice. u did a good job making it look alittle scary too. hey-do u have to pay for deviant art?

join DA!!! its fun!!! ^^

thank u thank u thank u thank u!u rock man! people.were.telling me u gotta pay for it. yeah i checked it out but then i got confused by all these confusing words and started to believe maybe u do gotta pay. anyways keep trying on your art cuz to my opinion u have alot of potential. do u have manga studio or photoshop? i was wonderin about that for a while-but then i forgot,so,u know...
-GTO

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Martyr wrote:
yesterdayshero wrote:

join DA!!! its fun!!! ^^

thank u thank u thank u thank u!u rock man! people.were.telling me u gotta pay for it. yeah i checked it out but then i got confused by all these confusing words and started to believe maybe u do gotta pay. anyways keep trying on your art cuz to my opinion u have alot of potential. do u have manga studio or photoshop? i was wonderin about that for a while-but then i forgot,so,u know...
^^

i do everything by hand [drawing inking] and then i scan it in and use deleter comicworks kinda like magna studio but the screentones are higher quality in opinion its a japanese program translated into english and its cheaper than manga studio on down part is that it only works with B&W no color and it doesnt get any updates... :R

i have photoshop Cs3 too but i hardly use it...=/ and i do have mangastudio too but i thought it sucked....

i wanna see some of your work come on get a DA page...

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

yesterdayshero wrote:
Martyr wrote:
yesterdayshero wrote: o.O pay fo DA??? watcha takin about willis???

join DA!!! its fun!!! ^^

^^

i do everything by hand [drawing inking] and then i scan it in and use deleter comicworks kinda like magna studio but the screentones are higher quality in opinion its a japanese program translated into english and its cheaper than manga studio on down part is that it only works with B&W no color and it doesnt get any updates... :R

i have photoshop Cs3 too but i hardly use it...=/ and i do have mangastudio too but i thought it sucked....

I don't really like photoshop but that's just me, and I do kinda agree, mangastudio isn't very good but it's not bad, it's just confusing :dizzzy2:

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

StrateryB wrote:
yesterdayshero wrote:
Martyr wrote: thank u thank u thank u thank u!u rock man! people.were.telling me u gotta pay for it. yeah i checked it out but then i got confused by all these confusing words and started to believe maybe u do gotta pay. anyways keep trying on your art cuz to my opinion u have alot of potential. do u have manga studio or photoshop? i was wonderin about that for a while-but then i forgot,so,u know...
^^

I don't really like photoshop but that's just me, and I do kinda agree, mangastudio isn't very good but it's not bad, it's just confusing :dizzzy2:
photoshop useful when you do drawing bigger than your scanner and for other stuff

but my true love is Deleter Comicworks its so easy to use :luv:

manga studio tones looks funny and werid but deleter a real screentone company and the software has all of there screentones...^.~

i wanna see some of you art come on! ^^

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

someday...someday i'll have my own deviant art page
anyways-if i ever do get one i promise i'll show it to u :happy:
-GTO