PS3 or Xbox 360?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

l4sth0pe97

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by l4sth0pe97 »

Which console do you think is better? The Play Station 3 or the Xbox 360. Personnaly I think the Xbox 360 is the better of the two due to the wider variety of games that I would enjoy playing. :star:
l4sth0pe97

kratos auron

Re: PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by kratos auron »

Both.

These console wars are silly.
Gamers are caught up in ridiculous fan wars, where in reality both systems have incredible games, and they are both worth the money they cost.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

jimmydean815

Post by jimmydean815 »

l4sth0pe97 wrote:Which console do you think is better? The Play Station 3 or the Xbox 360. Personnaly I think the Xbox 360 is the better of the two due to the wider variety of games that I would enjoy playing. :star:
troll much?
No matter where you go in life, always look out for Johnny the Tackling Alzheimer's patient.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

As others have said, they're pretty much equal as far as games go.

Now media, that's another story...
If you watch a lot of movies or stream stuff from your computer, the PS3 is by far the better of the two systems. Great DVD upscaler, plays Blu-Ray, and better media server capabilities.

I also find the PSN Store a lot easier to use than the 360 one.

But games... eh, doesn't matter. I play them both just as much whenever something new comes out.

guillx

Post by guillx »

I use to prefer 360 since it had better J-RPGs but I guess the PS3 would be a better choice now ....

clovis15

Post by clovis15 »

I myself have a 360, but the fact is they both play games just fine (and most of the time, the same games even).
Chrono Trigger Unglued A flash animated series that knows how important your ether is!

Work-Study A Webcomic tale of Stigmata Holes, Squirrel Armies, Megalomanical Art Teachers, Elite Booze Agents... and MORE!

Reven

Post by Reven »

When it comes to fighting games I'd prefer the ps3 because of the d-pad which is much better than the 360. Both controllers are close to obsolete for serious competition however. You might want to buy an arcade stick for that.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I got the PS3 instead of a 360 for 1 simple reason. It was cheaper then buying a 360 and a separate blu-ray player. All the games I like are on both anyway. :p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

*Pokes Adamas withastick*

Look at thread necromancy. Look at spammy necromancer.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And now you've joined the ritual. :ymdevil: Here's your robe and candle. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Yes, but I reported spammy necromancer. I get pointy hat as well!
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

My cat ate the hats
:p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Harroe

Post by Harroe »

I own both consoles, but the PS3 tends to have more titles that I like. The option to play blurays is also very nice.

The thing I like about the Xbox 360 is the kinect function. I like that I'm not even using a controller of any kind, just my hands. It feels more comfortable to me. The slim version is also quite an improvement to the older console, not just because it is more compact, but I also have less issues with it.

Overall I think the PS3 suits my needs the best, so I choose that console.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I took a third option, :!! and I'm lovin' it! \M/

Evil Ben

Post by Evil Ben »

I like the Mass Effect trilogy and the KOTOR games that I can play from the original xbox on the 360.
I end up watching most HD movies from my Apple TV, so the blu ray player isn't that big a dealio for me.
I'm surprised this thread didn't have a poll.