Elegy for a DS

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

clovis15

Elegy for a DS

Post by clovis15 »

Well, my DS that I've had since February of 2005 has finally decided to recieve a mortal wound. The right hinge is busted out completely; while it still turns on and all that good stuff, it can only go down hill from here. With all the essential wires to the upper monitor being in the left hinge, this increased ability to move around in wrong ways will insure that it's only a matter of time before it all comes to a very bitter end. Oh well, it's been a full five years of faithful service at this point... and besides, I was looking for a good excuse to justify to myself the purchase of a DS-Lite for quite some time now. Well, my DS, this Code Red's for you... *pour*
Chrono Trigger Unglued A flash animated series that knows how important your ether is!

Work-Study A Webcomic tale of Stigmata Holes, Squirrel Armies, Megalomanical Art Teachers, Elite Booze Agents... and MORE!

Reven

Re: Elegy for a DS

Post by Reven »

Psh. Ditch that DS and opt for a PSP.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Well, luckily for you, most of the best games for DS have been out for years already. My DS has been collecting dust as of late because nothing really good seems to be coming out for it.

At least it has several decent games, though. Unlike the PSP, which has only a few that I can think of right now.

But as someone who has a first-gen silver DS that has served him well for close to six years, I salute your noble DS's five years of service. May it rest in peaceful pieces.

clovis15

Post by clovis15 »

Peregrin wrote:May it rest in peaceful pieces.
Yes, may it rest in pieces! :happyhappy:

That said, I quite liked the recent titles like "Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box", "Retro Gamer Challenge", and "Nostalgia".
Chrono Trigger Unglued A flash animated series that knows how important your ether is!

Work-Study A Webcomic tale of Stigmata Holes, Squirrel Armies, Megalomanical Art Teachers, Elite Booze Agents... and MORE!

Kaito The Ramen Bandit

Post by Kaito The Ramen Bandit »

Well the thing that connects to the top screen to the bottom's lift side was loose, my L button didn't work, and neither did the sound. My little cousin still uses it and plays the M3 on it. I decided to get meself a DSLite and started playing Pokemon again. Mainly because my friends are playing Pokemon as well and the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver are on its way too haha

edit: Also reported yesterday that the R button doesn't work on my old DS haha
[url=http://kaitou-d.mybrute.com/cellule]Join me in the MyBrute War[/url]

clovis15

Post by clovis15 »

I would like to rescind something I said... Nostalgia bites... at least for the fifteen hours... only then does it start being reliably fun.