What Anime are you watching?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Gotoh

Re: What Anime are you watching?

Post by Gotoh »

I recently marathoned through 'Secret of Cerulean Sand'.

It's kinda like 'Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water', though not done nearly as well. Which isn't to say it's a cheap imitation, as there enough differences to set them apart and 'SoCS' stands on its own merits. I'd say it's worth a look, for anyone who's into steampunk style adventures.

Nev

Post by Nev »

Been watching a lot lately. I'm not a huge anime buff or anything, so mostly just catching up on some big titles: Madoka Magica, rewatched Ouran, Kill la Kill (loved it!), Psycho Pass.

I'm debating whether I should watch InuYasha. It's long as hell, I usually don't have the patience for that, but the first few episodes are fun. I actually like the dub, too, which means I don't have to focus so intently on subs.

Also planning to finally watch Trigun.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

the first parts are great but then it starts getting convulated and stupid. (inuyasha) but still enjoyable enough if it's hooked itself into you.

If you ever come across Love Hina, go for the manga. Then watch the anime to see them animated and cringe your nose at what happens later on (because they had funding issues halfway)
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I'm currently on episode 18 of 'Rune Soldier Louie' (as always, link provided for anyone who's interested).

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Decided to be a bit goofy and watched "The Devil is a Part Timer!"" Is funny, but man are all angels as STUPID as the one they showed? :p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

for a moment i didnt realize what anime you were talking about, since i love that anime and know it by its non-english name.

SOme of the angels yeah, demons too. the clergy jeez. But most are colossal self righteous assholes.

Whcih makes the demon king unique. But given his past and how he became demon king. its not surprising.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I recently bought the complete OVA of 'Master of Mosquiton' on DVD, since I hadn't seen it in ages. The moment the jazz rift from the OP started to play, I remembered why I liked it. :)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Been watching Izetta: The Last Witch, and enjoying it so far.

Just finished episode 3, and it's showing some good promise.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."