Do the Mario

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Zerodaimu

Do the Mario

Post by Zerodaimu »

I've been watching more television programs with alarming frequency since entrance into college. Not on TV, really. Mostly online or renting through netflix and such. I mean just since the beginning of August in some fashion or another I've blown through all of the following:

-Robin Hood seasons 1 and 2
-Torchwood season 2 and Children of Men
-Primeval seasons 1 and 2
-How I Met Your Mother seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4
-Transformers (80s version) season 1 and half of season 2
-The Legend of Zelda series (the one from the Super Mario Bros Super Show)
-Scrubs seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 [yes, I hadn't really watched it before this year]
-CSI: Miami season 7 [fairly, I had watched 1-6 before this]
-Psych seasons 1 and 2
-Transformers Armada [full series; technically a re-watch]
-A few older Doctor Who specials [such as Genesis of the Daleks]

And that's even ignoring the small handful of anime/movies I've been seeing. I'm not sure if it's having too much time, a more vested interest in live action shows or what. Do anyone else find themselves stuck in thi sort of cycle of watching too much stuff?

zingmaster

Re: Do the Mario

Post by zingmaster »

Zerodaimu wrote:-Scrubs seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 [yes, I hadn't really watched it before this year]
Way to go. Scrubs is by far the best show I have ever attempted to follow, and one of the very few I have managed to continually catch. I still need to get three of the eight seasons on DVD, but I have my favorite (season 5), so I'm happy.
Zerodaimu wrote:-CSI: Miami season 7 [fairly, I had watched 1-6 before this]
With the best actor in TV history, David Caruso. I miss Horatio so much.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

zingmaster wrote:
That...

...is to be expected.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

zingmaster

Post by zingmaster »

*tear*

I can die happy now. Thank you, Horatio.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

zingmaster wrote:
Zerodaimu wrote:-Scrubs seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 [yes, I hadn't really watched it before this year]
Way to go. Scrubs is by far the best show I have ever attempted to follow, and one of the very few I have managed to continually catch. I still need to get three of the eight seasons on DVD, but I have my favorite (season 5), so I'm happy.
Off-hand I'd have to say that my favorite was probably S3 or S5, yeah. Or really it's more episodic; I happen to think Dr. Kelso is the funniest character in the show so any episode which features him in the limelight is pretty awesome. Season 8 gets a special mention also because I love My Soul on Fire (the one where they go to the Bahamas for the Janitor's wedding)
zingmaster wrote:
Miss him? He's still on every Monday; S8 is airing now.

guillx

Post by guillx »

zingmaster wrote: With the best actor in TV history, David Caruso. I miss Horatio so much.
I hope you're exaggerating when you say that.Favorite actor, thats quite possible but ''best'' I doubt. :happyhappy:

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

guillx wrote:
zingmaster wrote: With the best actor in TV history, David Caruso. I miss Horatio so much.
I hope you're exaggerating when you say that.Favorite actor, thats quite possible but ''best'' I doubt. :happyhappy:
How dare you say that about David Caruso! He is freaking awesome in CSI: Miami.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Euphenia wrote:
guillx wrote:
How dare you say that about David Caruso! He is freaking awesome in CSI: Miami.
Agreed all around. I'd nominate some of the actors from How I Met your Mother just a little before him though. Neil Patrick Harris or perhaps Jason Segel.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Beats up Neil Patrick Harris for his lunch money.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

I happen to think NPH is funnier but in terms of raw acting ability you're probably right even aside from the Dr. Horrible reference.

zingmaster

Post by zingmaster »

Zerodaimu wrote:
zingmaster wrote:With the best actor in TV history, David Caruso. I miss Horatio so much.
Miss him? He's still on every Monday; S8 is airing now.
No, I mean Horatio hadn't shown up around here in ages. But that's been fixed now.

And Dr. Kelso? I go for Dr. Cox. That's why episodes like My New God (where Dr. Cox's sister comes to visit) and My Lunch (where three patients die because of infected organs) are among my top ten, if not top five episodes.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Top Five episodes has to include My Screw Up just because I think that's one of my favorite scenes ever.

As to Dr. Cox I like the man a lot too and tbh he's better for the dramatic bits, but I happen to think that Kelso is... funnier. For the comedic stuff.

zingmaster

Post by zingmaster »

Top Five definitely also includes My Jiggly Ball. So many good moments. And ignoring the two obvious favorites of My Way Home and My Musical, I'd say My Own Personal Hell and My Soul on Fire round out my top five. Special mention goes to My Cold Shower purely for the ending.

And I'll agree that Dr. Kelso is amazing in his moments. But whenever Dr. Cox is caught in a poignant moment, the complete turnaround of character is much more effective than with anyone else. And I enjoy watching Dr. Cox and Jordan interact more than any other pair.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Dr. Cox and Jordan in My Soul on Fire was oddly adorable.

zingmaster

Post by zingmaster »

Amen to that. I find them amusing when they're discussing how they're both paranoid about Jack.

Favorite Jordan scene has to be from My Female Trouble, where JD is trying to find someone to break up with Nina for him, and he thinks to himself that he needs someone scary, "a real witch." Cut to people running away from Jordan bathed in green light wearing a witch hat and cackling evilly.