Your "Anime List"

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

kratos auron

Your "Anime List"

Post by kratos auron »

http://myanimelist.net/

I found this website a while back, and I have been filling it out to the best that I can remember.

I am actually finding it to be fairly cool, being able to see all the anime that I have watched listed in one place. It's also fairly useful in helping me keep track of what episode I am on what anime, while I am watching multiple series, or am picking one back up after a small break.

Here is my list:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Latooni11

Does anyone else use this site? If not, do you like it now that I have pointed it out? ect.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Seen it around, threw a list up real quick. No scores yet.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/fidelas

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I've seen it, never really knew what it was for though.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/StrateryB

My list is quite heavy...

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

StrateryB wrote: Dropped:

Higurashi no naku koro ni
Higurashi no naku koro ni kai
Kanon
Shuffle!
D:

I also can't see how you would give the average at best Code Geass a 10 while giving the obviously superior Neon Genesis Evangelion a 9... >_>

I guess it's all preference though. My list is probably full of Mecha anime that next to none of you have even heard about.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

kratos auron wrote:

Kanon
Shuffle!
D:

I also can't see how you would give the average at best Code Geass a 10 while giving the obviously superior Neon Genesis Evangelion a 9... >_>

I guess it's all preference though. My list is probably full of Mecha anime that next to none of you have even heard about.
XD
I dropped Higurashi because the art kept making me laugh. Couldn't take any of it seriously, I know it's good...but I keep laughing instead of actually enjoying the story. As for Kanon and Shuffle!, just got bored.

The characters in NGE didn't really appeal to me as much as the characters in Code Geass did, which is probably why I ranked it higher. NGE had a crazy, good ending..but I'm more for endings where the main leads die. I don't know why, strikes a good chord with me.

True that.
I'm more for medieval settings, which I hardly seem to find anime on sadly >.>

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Meh, the characters really wasn't my main focus on Evangelion, it was more the psychology stuff that went on in the background that drew me in so heavily. Besides, the characters in NGE were far more believable than those in other robot anime, which is a really heavy aspect for me. I like my characters to feel human. (That, or so outrageously radical that you can't help but to love them, like Gai from GaoGaiGar)

I absolutely loved Higurashi. Sure the art took a few episodes to get used to, but after that it was crazy good. (Which is weird, because I usually don't like anime with needless killing, but the story made it more than worth it.)

as for midevil anime setting, I can't say I've seen to many. Pretty much Claymore is the only one I can come up with off the top of my head, and I haven't even finished that one.

What I'm really looking for right now, is an epic "real robot" anime. I mean, I love the GAR you get from Super Robot anime, but I want to see a real robot anime come to that level.

For non Mecha anime, I dunno. I want something similar to say... Fate/Stay Night. A nice, short action anime with all the storyline, quality animation, and well done action that I could want. I mean really, I don't want to invest my time in a mediocre 300 episode shonen that has average at best story, animation, and battles.

(Not to mention every shonen has at least one incredibly retarded comedy relief character. And those dumb "comedy" scenes that always happen right after one of the main characters "almost" die really irk me.)

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

kratos auron wrote:

Kanon
Shuffle!
D:

This is clearly because you have confused your definitions of Code Geass and Neon Genesis Evangelion. But why debate this when Gurren Lagann is clearly manlier than both?

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Manlier perhaps, but not better.

Oh yeah, I went there.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

kratos auron wrote:as for midevil anime setting, I can't say I've seen to many. Pretty much Claymore is the only one I can come up with off the top of my head, and I haven't even finished that one.

(Not to mention every shonen has at least one incredibly retarded comedy relief character. And those dumb "comedy" scenes that always happen right after one of the main characters "almost" die really irk me.)
I'm all for anything fantasy/medieval, so maybe I'll check Claymore out (never heard of it, but why not).

That's the only way for them to transition to a new scene, people aren't very creative nowadays. What I hate most is when they "die", and then they come back. I like seeing characters die, but continuosly bringing them back to life over and over takes out the meaning of them dying in the first place.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Finally got my list together, still not sure that is all of them either...

Checking over the list though I remembered about one of the animes, Stellvia being one of many anime I found first through the free DVD samples the late great Newtype USA gave out with their magazine.

Stellvia, along with being one of my favorite series for the many layers within the story, a new one found with each watching, is one of many anime I found through the free DVD samples the late great Newtype USA gave out with their magazine.

It strikes me as being both odd and sad that within this economy even if Newtype USA still existed, it is likely such freebies such as the first episode of Stellvia would not be given out. It is also extremely sortsighted since for Newtype USA or Geneon (who did hold the Canadian and U.S. release license) basically covering the cost of the first episode, they got me and others to buy the entire series including, of course, another copy of the first episode on the first disc, thus making great profit on the small expense of one free episode.

Maybe someday someone else will be as wise as Newtype USA, Geneon and the other companies who gave the free episodes were and realize that for a small cost upfront they are likely to great profit in the long run.

Anyone else find some of the series on their list first through the freebies Newtype USA once gave out? Along with Stellvia, they also sold me on three seasons of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie the same way.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung