ITT Squawking Seakitties

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

And heck, they even have hands! Some of the time. Other times they kinda blend into one another, the worst offender that comes to mind is anybody holding a gun and Natsuhi's normal pose. Kanon's hands are pretty bad too, but they don't reach the flipper-level atrocity of the previous examples.

Question, Otaku. Do you pronounce Ange as "Anne-jeh" (Anne like in ban) with a like you would "Angela", or "Ehn-jeh" (Ehn like in when)? I'm confused, since Motion Graphic 4 writes the romanization as Enjye. See 1:03 for the example.

But then, the fifth Motion Graphic uses "Wergilia", and fixes their prior spelling (Enjye) to "Ange Beatrice".

All_Hail_Otakudom

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom »

DawnBandit wrote:And heck, they even have hands! Some of the time. Other times they kinda blend into one another, the worst offender that comes to mind is anybody holding a gun and Natsuhi's normal pose. Kanon's hands are pretty bad too, but they don't reach the flipper-level atrocity of the previous examples.

Question, Otaku. Do you pronounce Ange as "Anne-jeh" (Anne like in ban) with a like you would "Angela", or "Ehn-jeh" (Ehn like in when)? I'm confused, since Motion Graphic 4 writes the romanization as Enjye. See 1:03 for the example.

But then, the fifth Motion Graphic uses "Wergilia", and fixes their prior spelling (Enjye) to "Ange Beatrice".
If I remember correctly, I believe it's the 1st one. The motion graphics seem to do that a lot for some reason.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

All_Hail_Otakudom wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:And heck, they even have hands! Some of the time. Other times they kinda blend into one another, the worst offender that comes to mind is anybody holding a gun and Natsuhi's normal pose. Kanon's hands are pretty bad too, but they don't reach the flipper-level atrocity of the previous examples.

If I remember correctly, I believe it's the 1st one. The motion graphics seem to do that a lot for some reason.
Wergilia seems to be a more obvious mistake, though, given that they pronounce "Virgilia" as "Warugiria" in the anime. With a hard G, oddly, since in English it would be a soft G.

Also, the anime beambattle was far less thrilling than the game, sadly. Over far too quickly, to be honest.

And Beato's voice is annoying me.

I kinda want to shoot myself for saying this, but I actually prefer game!Battler and game!Beatrice to their anime counterparts, design-wise. At least George loses his creepy face...

All_Hail_Otakudom

DawnBandit wrote:
All_Hail_Otakudom wrote:

Wergilia seems to be a more obvious mistake, though, given that they pronounce "Virgilia" as "Warugiria" in the anime. With a hard G, oddly, since in English it would be a soft G.

Also, the anime beambattle was far less thrilling than the game, sadly. Over far too quickly, to be honest.

And Beato's voice is annoying me.

I kinda want to shoot myself for saying this, but I actually prefer game!Battler and game!Beatrice to their anime counterparts, design-wise. At least George loses his creepy face...
Well yea, they pronounce the names kinda weird but then that's because everyone, with the exception of Kinzo & the Servents, have western names.
[b]USO DA!![/b]

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

All_Hail_Otakudom wrote:Well yea, they pronounce the names kinda weird but then that's because everyone, with the exception of Kinzo & the Servents, have western names.
Shannon and Kanon are western names, too. Sorta. More so Shannon than Kanon.

All_Hail_Otakudom

Death of 07th Expansion Member...
BT-san, the one who was in charge of N-Scripting, died on July 10th due to sickness
This was just announced yesterday on Ryukishi07's blog
Sad, BT-san is one of Umineko and Higurashi's first pioneers, and there he goes...
Without even seeing the conclusion of Umineko's solution arc
Rest in Peace, BT-san...

here's the link to R07's blog, check the one under Oct.22nd; http://07th-expansion.net/Cgi/clip/clip.cgi
[b]USO DA!![/b]

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

May he find rest in the Golden Land.

guillx

Post by guillx »

-_-

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Peregrin wrote:May he find rest in the Golden Land.
No tears, we'll be reunited soon enough.

guillx

Re: ITT Squawking Seakitties

Post by guillx »

How come it's so long for a new episode to come out?

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

I suspect that the series being over is a contributing factor.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Lord Styphon wrote:I suspect that the series being over is a contributing factor.
In his defense, that was one of the sh*ttiest endings to a series I have ever seen.

guillx

Post by guillx »

wait...WHAT?
( btw, on the site I watch them, they normally put a ''(final)'' to the final episode, because I have suspected it might have been cancelled or something )
..but still
WHAT?
edit : I've read rumors about a second season coming in april.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

guillx wrote:wait...WHAT?
( btw, on the site I watch them, they normally put a ''(final)'' to the final episode, because I have suspected it might have been cancelled or something )
..but still
WHAT?
edit : I've read rumors about a second season coming in april.
There's not nearly enough material so far. Episodes 5 (End) and 6 (Dawn) are out, but I'd expect another year or so until we get the final one(s).

I didn't watch the anime, so I can't tell you if it was just as it was in the games or it was just DEEN f**king it up again, as usual.