Dead Fantasy III, IV, & V...

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

StrateryB

Dead Fantasy III, IV, & V...

Post by StrateryB »

Just wondering if anyone else kept up with this:

Dead Fantasy III
Dead Fantasy IV
Dead Fantasy V

and if you haven't seen the earlier ones:
Dead Fantasy I and II

I'm kind of annoyed with the Tifa fights, not because I'm a Tifa fan, but because none of it adds up to how she was fighting before. Almost seems as if the DoA girls are immune to injuries (besides Kasumi, who is the only one so far to show pain/injuries, whereas the FF girls have been shown limping in pain or staggereing numerous times).

But what does please me is that, number one, there are actually male characters showing up, hopefully their fights are more epic. Number two, there actually seems to be an actual story now, instead of having them brawl for no reason. Lastly, Yuna finally went into her summoner mode, of course, she didn't win, but I like her better like that than in her gunner form.

I feel he shouldn't have chosen Cloud though, I would have preferred Squall (but then again, Rinoa has his sword) or a different male lead.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Is that an actual game, or is it just made up?

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

iloveollieriggs! wrote:Is that an actual game, or is it just made up?
It's a fanmade series by MontyOum.
Here's his dA

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

It's pretty shameless in its lack of a coherent plot. But it is epic. Oh, how it is epic...

miri

Post by miri »

Yes.... epic -_-
don't call me again, it won't happend again ~background~ whore whore WHORE!

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

I would also like to add that Tifa should always have two katanas. Always. Why hasn't she always? That's the real question.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

They should have put Yuffie in it. Paine would have been a good choice as well. I am very frustrated that this isn't a game, I would like to play as Kairi.

miri

Post by miri »

Well I would say Tifa doesn't have two because it wouldn't look good... oh, and Tifa would never loose to Hitomi.
don't call me again, it won't happend again ~background~ whore whore WHORE!

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

iloveollieriggs! wrote:They should have put Yuffie in it. Paine would have been a good choice as well. I am very frustrated that this isn't a game, I would like to play as Kairi.
I'm actually happy they didn't add Yuffie, I don't want to see a bunch of FFVII characters in it, but rather characters from the other series.

I personally don't like Paine, I actually would prefer if he added Terra.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Well, those were incredibly awesome, although I dare not venture into the comments as I know there will be tons of cloud fangasm.

Although these episodes were awesome as hell, I am disappointed at the lack of Rinoa action, seeing how epic she was in ep II.
Also, It should have been Tidus who saves Yuna, rather than cloud. would have been much more impacting. (at least imo)

I am rather excited to see where he takes the plot though, now that there seems to be one growing. (as simple or cliche as it may be)
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

kratos auron wrote:Well, those were incredibly awesome, although I dare not venture into the comments as I know there will be tons of cloud fangasm.

Although these episodes were awesome as hell, I am disappointed at the lack of Rinoa action, seeing how epic she was in ep II.
Also, It should have been Tidus who saves Yuna, rather than cloud. would have been much more impacting. (at least imo)

I am rather excited to see where he takes the plot though, now that there seems to be one growing. (as simple or cliche as it may be)
Yeah. Seriously. F**k Cloud. He's such a whiny, emo b*tch.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Peregrin wrote:
kratos auron wrote:Well, those were incredibly awesome, although I dare not venture into the comments as I know there will be tons of cloud fangasm.

Yeah. Seriously. F**k Cloud. He's such a whiny, emo b*tch.
For one of the first times, I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not...
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Reven

Post by Reven »

Its true that cloud is emo. For that reason I really wouldn't want to see him in this. Rinoa seems to be a Mary Sue character so at the moment I don't see the point in her really fighting.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Reven wrote:Its true that cloud is emo. For that reason I really wouldn't want to see him in this. Rinoa seems to be a Mary Sue character so at the moment I don't see the point in her really fighting.
Most FF leads are emo anyway, or at least, annoying.

I actually like that Rinoa seems almighty right now, because the DoA girls seem that way too. I haven't seen them stagger, limp, or even shed blood like any of the FF girls have. In DF II Yuna shot Ayane, and yet she got up as if nothing happened, also in DF II, Rikku gets hit by Ayane, she falls and struggles to get up. What?

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

I know, seriously, wtf? Why do the FF characters get their a*s kicked, and those other people don't?