Are There any Final Fantasy fans out there?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Reven

Post by Reven »

Currently I've started playing FFX (second time around), I'd have to say that it shares a place with 7 in the spotlight as far as favorites go. 8 was pretty good but drawing magic from monsters was a pain. I also really like 9 as well but from what I hear not too many seem to enjoy that one.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Reven wrote:Currently I've started playing FFX (second time around), I'd have to say that it shares a place with 7 in the spotlight as far as favorites go. 8 was pretty good but drawing magic from monsters was a pain. I also really like 9 as well but from what I hear not too many seem to enjoy that one.
This may sound weird, but I actually like drawing magic from enemies on Final Fantasy 8. I don't have to worry about curing mp.

Reven

Post by Reven »

I'd have to say you're wierd for that. I don't mind though.. It's not everyday that I hear of a girl who's into games.

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Out of the ones I played I like Final Fantasy X the best. Though I have not Final Fantasy VII when I compare their settings I like Spira a lot more.

XII was okay interesting but okay...

I played the DS for III so I want to finish it.

Played Crises Core from a friend. It was not bad being the first game I played for the VII franchise but I gave up after my friend's girlfriend erased my file.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Reven wrote:I'd have to say you're wierd for that. I don't mind though.. It's not everyday that I hear of a girl who's into games.
And for that I am special. Now that I think about it, I don't know any other girls that play video games. Strange....

What got me into FF games was Kingdom Hearts, that was my first PS2 game.
Last edited by maraxl60 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Euphenia wrote:
Reven wrote:I'd have to say you're wierd for that. I don't mind though.. It's not everyday that I hear of a girl who's into games.
And for that I am special. Now that that I think about it, I don't know any other girls that play video games. Strange....

What got me into FF games was Kingdom Hearts, that was my first PS2 game.
I know a lot of females who are into video games, it's nothing rare anymore.

I dislike Kingdom Hearts for how they display the FF characters. They make them all look extremely weak, plus, I don't like how they changed Squall's name...

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

You are right. I hated the way they made them look when I first started getting into Final Fantasy. Esspecially Auron in Kingdom Hearts 2, he looked wimpy. Tidus too.

Although, when I saw that those characters came from games called Final Fantasy, I got interested.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Hey, I want to talk about a different Final Fantasy. Anybody like FFIV? I have that one for the DS.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Euphenia wrote:Hey, I want to talk about a different Final Fantasy. Anybody like FFIV? I have that one for the DS.
No. I had the one that they remade for GBA. I don't know about the DS one, but I'm kind of pissed that they released it for the GBA and then decided to release it again for the DS after that. No way am I paying an extra 30 bucks for the same, mediocre game. Seriously. The plot was pitiful. Every time Cecil and Rosa talked with each other, I felt like I was watching a bad soap opera. Not to mention that the random encounters are balls hard unless you plan to grind your brains out. And that's something you really don't want to do given the depth of the combat experience in this game. I appreciate that they tried to change things up a little by adding the little time bar things so that it's not strictly turn-based, but honestly, I prefer having more time to think about what I need to do and have the ability to stop the battle while I go about my business if need be. I mean, the least they could have done was give me a decent story. This was a great disappointment of a game for me.[/rant]

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Peregrin wrote:
Euphenia wrote:Hey, I want to talk about a different Final Fantasy. Anybody like FFIV? I have that one for the DS.
No. I had the one that they remade for GBA. I don't know about the DS one, but I'm kind of pissed that they released it for the GBA and then decided to release it again for the DS after that. No way am I paying an extra 30 bucks for the same, mediocre game. Seriously. The plot was pitiful. Every time Cecil and Rosa talked with each other, I felt like I was watching a bad soap opera. Not to mention that the random encounters are balls hard unless you plan to grind your brains out. And that's something you really don't want to do given the depth of the combat experience in this game. I appreciate that they tried to change things up a little by adding the little time bar things so that it's not strictly turn-based, but honestly, I prefer having more time to think about what I need to do and have the ability to stop the battle while I go about my business if need be. I mean, the least they could have done was give me a decent story. This was a great disappointment of a game for me.[/rant]
Uhh..........

Well, what do you think of FFX so far? I love Yuna and Tidus's story. I really like using Lulu, Yuna, and Rikku. I have practiced with them so much their attack is 9999, even for Lulu. (I am a feminist)

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

FFX is great so far. The battle system is the best of any FF game I've played so far, and the story has yet to make me uninterested.

Yuna and Lulu, sure. But Rikku? No thank you. Auron and Tidus are much better. Although I'm starting to think that I won't be able to get away with this cycling the black mage in when I need her strategy for too much longer. I'm hoping that I can fix it with some grinding, but... we shall see...

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Aww, poor Rikku.

This thread can now be used as a place to post our favorite Final Fantasy moments.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

To be honest, Rikku is annoying.

Especially in X-2...
you know?

She can be a beast in battle though if you know how to use her.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

kratos auron wrote:To be honest, Rikku is annoying.

Especially in X-2...
you know?

She can be a beast in battle though if you know how to use her.
Yeah I agree; Rikku's hot in FFX but for some reason she was pretty annoying to me to in FFX-2. Though her mixing technique can be pretty badass when you discover some good combos with the items. I loved leveling with Lulu, too. For me Kimari was my least favorite out of the whole party. I appreciate his strength but for some reason he never won me over.

By the way, anyone have any opinions of FFXII? I was reading an article in a gamer magazine that placed it as "One of many games that change the gamer industry". I like it a lot for it's political setting in the story plot. Though it took me a while to get use to the battle system since I've never bothered to play FFXI.
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

I love Final Fantasy XII for the battling system. How the whole party runs with you, and not just one person. There also isn't random encounters like in the other ones. Those piss me off when I don't want them.

This may sound strange, but it is like the FF game knows when you don't want random encounters, then give them to you like crazy. Am I the only one that thinks that?

.....And for some reason, I never used Kimari either. I never enjoy using him. Lulu is the best, she kicks ass in the game where I said she is really strong, along with Yuna and Rikku. And to me.... Rikku was freaking annoying in X-2. I can't stand her in that one, but I LOVE her in X.
Last edited by maraxl60 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.