Resident Evil 5

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Hanzou

Resident Evil 5

Post by Hanzou »

Anyone have this game? I played the demo and really enjoyed it, but I was wondering if anyone else owns it.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Don't own it, nor do I plan too.

I for one, am not liking where the series is going. I really enjoyed the older Resident Evils. Code Veronica was possibly the last great Resident Evil game.

Sure 4 had great controls and all, but it was no where near as "suspensefull" as the older games. Which is really what RE should be about. The puzzles were monkeys play compared to the older games, and after 2 playthroughs, I had milked the game dry. About the only thing I didn't manage to finish before I stopped playing was the Ada mini game.

that being said, the game was also too easy. I beat the game in 2 days my first time through, and nothing gave me a hard time in particular. The hardest boss was that annoying kid (can't remember the name.)

All in all, I'll probably rent it or something, and then never play it again. I prefered the older ones.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Personally, I like where the series is heading. I think RE needed the change, it was getting dry using the same material over and over again. Though I do agree that RE4 was much, much easier than the earlier titles, but newer games are always getting easier and easier.

I think you're talking about Salazar?

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

At first I thought the same way. But then I realized the game was way too easy, the puzzles were way to simple, and the suspense was literally gone. The most suspensefull part of the game was where you had to run through those storage containers that are hanging over a canyon. Other than that, the game was pretty bland and uneventful.

Not to mention the "amount" of story in the game was almost non-existant. It felt like it should be a movie, not a game.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

kratos auron wrote: It felt like it should be a movie, not a game.
True, but RE movies always end in fail.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

StrateryB wrote:
kratos auron wrote: It felt like it should be a movie, not a game.
True, but RE movies always end in fail.
well then they could have at least made it a spin off, not an official RE title.
I find Code Veronica to be a far more solid RE title than RE4.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

A fun title, at least, when you're playing Co-Op.

Milagros

Post by Milagros »

I really liked it :D Though I'm still mad about what happened to Mr. Wesker :( but I think he's still alive >_<I>.<but>_< it was annoying at first because it had kinda the same gameplay has RE4, but I rate it a 8 out or 10. :D

Adamas

Re: Resident Evil 5

Post by Adamas »

Obvious Bot alert is Obvious!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Capcom's terrible AI completely ruins the game.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Titan

Post by Titan »

It was honestly better than the atrocity RE 6.

The problem with Capcom's recent RE titles is that they simply forgot the main premise of their game which was "Survival Horror". Their games recent story linearity and annoying cutscenes only denigrate the series further into the average TPS. Then again, I was never a fan of Resident Evil as a survival horror game and I still only appreciate Resident Evil 3. Come to think of it, I never thought Capcom ever had it out for them in the RE series. I will admit that #4 has its moments however.

RE 5 is interesting in that it tried to make its moments scary, but its Hollywooded budget completely ruined it for me. I understand the realm of cutscenes in Video Games, but one needs to know when to put them in and when not to. A perfect example of this is Doom 3, which was a shooter that had virtually no cutscenes and when it did, it was for narrative purposes, keeping the feel of the Survival Horror in it.

I liked RE 5 in that it tried to actually emulate the suspense and underlying cynicism that overlined RE 3.
Thereupon he rose, beyond the pillars of Hercules.
The monstrosity erupted from Poseidon's grasp and held the fiery beacon.
Through pain a torture, the colossus lit the way for the weary travelers.
Beckoning their stay upon the shores of Rhodes, giving peace to those who suffer.