Studio Ghibli Movies to US 2009

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Several people I know have seen the ads for it, and I've watched it online. I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

for what it is worth, I've heard a few radio movie reviewers promoting Ponyo a lot saying it is one of the best movies coming out this weekend.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Ryokosha wrote:for what it is worth, I've heard a few radio movie reviewers promoting Ponyo a lot saying it is one of the best movies coming out this weekend.
I was thinking about seeing that with my older sibling.

I bought Spirited Away yesterday..... I loved this movie so much when I first saw it, I just had to buy it.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

That is awesome, any news yet on how these will be special editions?
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Nope, not yet. It'd be totally badass if they had the soundtracks packaged with them, though. Maybe that mini-documentary for Castle will actually be viewable without a special computer program.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

If Ponyo is playing anywhere near you, go see it as soon as possible. Seriously, it's that good. It's a children's movie that even the adults will like (I heard an older guy in the back singing the theme song after the movie).

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Harukochan wrote:Nope, not yet. It'd be totally badass if they had the soundtracks packaged with them, though. Maybe that mini-documentary for Castle will actually be viewable without a special computer program.
That would be awesome! The soundtracks for these movies are so good, I've got to admit to paying a bit to get the import soundtracks so getting some legit domestic versions would be awesome.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

I got my Ghibli music (mostly) offline, but I'd be all too willing to buy domestic releases of the soundtracks and image albums.

Oh, and the DS game Ghibli worked on; Ni no Kuni has been delayed until sometime next year. Hopefully they'll have a special edition, as seen with the spellbook that comes with it.

More here: http://www.joystiq.com/tag/the-another-world

CMB

Post by CMB »

That looks very cool. Thank you for the link. :happyhappy:

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

The DVD release of Ponyo is scheduled for March of 2010, according to the producer of the English version via Twitter.

Given the economy, I don't blame them.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I do question this decision in a way... yes the economy is not great but they are missing the Christmas push which I think is going to be a lot bigger then people give it credit for being right now...

When people have little to look forward too they ususally spend a bit more on themselves and family over holidays such as those upcoming, so even for a day gain a little escape even if for a small moment from their worries...

I just hope regardless it does come out March 2010.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Maybe Tales from Earthsea will finally come out next year?

And I'm still gunning for Only Yesterday.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Only Yesterday would be nice and I still want to see Earthsea before passing judgment.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Ponyo's release has been scheduled for March 2nd.

http://twitpic.com/nggjc

Special edition DVD has a bonus plushie!