What got you into Anime?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

sanzo

Re: What got you into Anime?

Post by sanzo »

Wasn't she also the voice of Timmy from Fairly Oddparents?

She also does a voice for one of the characters from The Boondocks, which is hilarious

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yes and yes. Cindy McPhearson in The Boondocks. I was also surprised to learn that she did the voice for Raven in Teen Titans. For some reason I could have sworn that was Grey DeLisle. :-??
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

How I got into anime...three words: Vampire Hunter D.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Technically that's 2 words and a letter :p

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Don't make me go Hand-face on you Sanzo. :p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Parallax

Post by Parallax »

My First Contact with Anime happened in the late 1960's. Though HORRIBLY dubbed then, I still enjoyed a lot of them. 1995 was when I was reaquainted with Anime, I.E. "Sailor Moon". Ever since, I've been hooked. B-)

Big D

Post by Big D »

When ITV showed Laputa one Saturday morning, somewhere in the late 80s. I'd never seen anything like it.
I wibble on about books, Heavy Metal and other stuff Here

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I i me took ghostsweeper, saber rider and ninja robots?

Think I did in the forum somewhere.

Also 3 others whose name I cannot recall. One had transforming bikes and planes into exo suits and mechs. Crab mecha enemies. clien innocent princess who doesn't talk with the hero group. Etc etc.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Tenchi Muyo

Which incidentally, also provided me with the online handle I've been using for years now.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Tenjen wrote:I i me took ghostsweeper, saber rider and ninja robots?

Think I did in the forum somewhere.

Also 3 others whose name I cannot recall. One had transforming bikes and planes into exo suits and mechs. Crab mecha enemies. clien innocent princess who doesn't talk with the hero group. Etc etc.
That's Mospeada.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Sounds more like the Macross/Robotech series that Tenjen is talking about.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

If I try hard I remember the group. Tough woman, hero guy, silly guy, tough guy, little girl, alien princess who's quite mute. One more girl I can't remember I think.

Scene where the princess bleeds due to an injury and they realize she's an alien cause of the blood color with her crying and such,
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Once again, I'm pretty sure that's Mospeada. Just watched the series last month. It was the last part of the Robotech series here.

Big_Manga-Fan 385

Post by Big_Manga-Fan 385 »

What got me into anime was when i watched Kimba The White Lion oh so long ago it seems like a dream. After that it was Speed Racer. Voltron i watched to but the one that i liked was the one with the, as it was called back then,the Drool Empire. The other one not so much. The there was Robotec and tons of others since then. You might say its been an obsession since i was 8 years old. (or was it 9). See its been so long that i cant remember what age i was. :ymapplause: :-? 8-}

Maury V.

Post by Maury V. »

Sometime in 1992, I saw Sailor Moon in the states and I loved it! After my dad saw what I was watching, he introduced me to other series on the Sci Fi channel (Saturday morning anime and their week devoted to awesome anime movies during the summer). Since then, i've been hooked. I'm not as much into anime as I once was (mainly b/c of the quality) but every now and then, i'll look for some of the classics and try to give the new stuff a chance.
Nothing witty here sadly. What I want to put here is too big. :/