What got you into Anime?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

bishi of flame

Post by bishi of flame »

after noon cartoons, on wb when I was in preschool. ....pokemon, digomon, later geting into toonami with Outlaw star, basicaly just whatever I could find on tv.

Wakarimasen001

Post by Wakarimasen001 »

I started to watch anime back in '97 when the Sci-Fi channel showed Iria: Zeiram the Animation. Before that it I watched Gatchaman (or what ever it was called then) and Dragonball before I knew they were anime.
"May the flame of moe burn forever!" -Satou Tatsuhiro, Welcome to the N.H.K.

XYZeke

Post by XYZeke »

I don't really remember what my first anime was... the earliest I remember is Dragonball Z, Tenshi, and ZOIDS on Toonami.

Reven

Post by Reven »

Forgive me but I just remembered. It wasn't DBZ or Pokemon(although would like to believe that it would have been). It was actually an anime movie called Ninja Scroll. The animation was pretty good. There was too much violence and other things in that I wouldn't reccommend anyone( for my age at the time seeing). I think I was 5 or 6.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

It's odd but recently I have been thinking about this when walking and watching some favorite anime. It perhaps was Voltron as I thought before and then Love Hina more years later then I care to admit which fully brought me into the anime world... but it was also far more then that; even now to a large extent anime is something I rarely see any other animated shows let alone any live action shows even coming close to the likes of and back in the Voltron days was something I had never seen the likes of before; even today, though some my favorites GateKeepers, Vandread etc. are themes seen copied outside anime they are never equaled or bettered (with the possible unique exception of Avatar the Last Airbender which I clearly see as an equal to my various favorite anime series).

So it was perhaps the unique world anime offered and still does which got me in and keeps me hooked to anime.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Mangafan320

Post by Mangafan320 »

this dude sed hey look it's anime
my friend got interested after that
however i got so interested, i wrote this:
A afro samurai
B bleach
C code geass
c how interesting i am?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Mangafan320 wrote:c how interesting i am?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Yes. Yes, I do see how interesting you are.

Reven

Post by Reven »

Mangafan320 wrote:c how interesting i am?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
More strange than interesting.

miri

Post by miri »

what got me into anime was i guess the people that hanged out with my sister and one day i went to a store where they sold books and i grabbed a book and fell in love with forever... :catgirl:
don't call me again, it won't happend again ~background~ whore whore WHORE!

Reven

Post by Reven »

miri wrote:what got me into anime was i guess the people that hanged out with my sister and one day i went to a store where they sold books and i grabbed a book and fell in love with forever... :catgirl:
Would you mind telling us what book that was? Or do you not remember?

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I am curious too which book and did you then see the anime of it or was it a different anime?
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Zerchi
Location: where the incenot feel fear and i am there hope but i take form of fear itself

Post by Zerchi »

i wish i remembered name of this anime, but it did blow my little old mind, course DBZ, Digimon, and cardcaptors had a part to play in it lol
[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Zer_kun/cloudwalking.jpg[/img]
http://zer-kun.deviantart.com/

Chaotik

Post by Chaotik »

Sailor Moon no doubt. I used to be able to skip my nap when I was like, 4 so I could watch Sailor Moon. Great memories.