What got you into Anime?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

User avatar
All_Hail_Otakudom
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:08 am
Location: Rokkenjima.
Contact:

What got you into Anime?

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:36 am

Pretty self-explanitory.
Mine would have to be either Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, G Gundam, or Dragon Ball Z.
Last edited by nuusgymok on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]

User avatar
Hakumei Hizoku
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:19 pm
Location: New Bedford, MA
Contact:

Post by Hakumei Hizoku » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:24 am

I got into anime because of Lady Bandit. She noticed I liked mangas so she introduce me to Slayers and X if I rememeber right. I just got into mangas and just realized that some mangas I read have anime to them. i seems to have watched anime without knowing it anime. I just liked it. Like for Ex: Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Voltron, & Cardcaptor Sakura. I odn't liek to say they were my first since I wasn't aware. The first I would have seen knowing it's anime would be um....hack//SIGN if I'm right. Mainly I got into anime because of watching .hack//SIGN then Rurouni Kenshin. .hack// was my hook though. The music with the story line was somethign I never seen before in "cartoons"
[url=http://www.youtube.com/twilightbandit][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/twilightchan/Twi-kuncopy.jpg?t=1264198264[/img][/url]

User avatar
All_Hail_Otakudom
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:08 am
Location: Rokkenjima.
Contact:

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:33 am

Twilight Bandit wrote: I just got into mangas and just realized that some mangas I read have anime to them. i seems to have watched anime without knowing it anime. I just liked it. Like for Ex: Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Voltron, & Cardcaptor Sakura. I odn't liek to say they were my first since I wasn't aware. The first I would have seen knowing it's anime would be um....hack//SIGN if I'm right. Mainly I got into anime because of watching .hack//SIGN then Rurouni Kenshin. .hack// was my hook though. The music with the story line was somethign I never seen before in "cartoons"
That true for me as well. All the anime I mentioned were just cartoons to me, I mean I was just 6 or 7 when they came out so they were just toons then they disapeared for awhile. Then Naruto came & restarted the anime revolution, for me anyway, after Naruto I started looking around for other things to watch and now I'm currently watching... ALOT of series & I lose track of what I watch if I don't write it down.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]

Kaito The Ramen Bandit
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:04 am
Location: In hell!!!
Contact:

Post by Kaito The Ramen Bandit » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:57 pm

i watched DBZ and Sailor Moon as cartoons as a kid, i never did look at those two as anime until i started watching FMA fansubs *points at my cousin*
[url=http://kaitou-d.mybrute.com/cellule]Join me in the MyBrute War[/url]

User avatar
Jojo e KAY
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: Beach during the summer home during the school year.

Post by Jojo e KAY » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:15 pm

My friends
Fallen angels at my feet, whispering voices at my ears, death before my eyes lying next to me I fear.

DawnBandit
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:34 am

Post by DawnBandit » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:35 pm

Sailor Moon as wee child, and then I got back into manga and anime when I was around 8 or 9 because SoSu (my brother) borrowed manga from a friend one day.

kratos auron
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Avalon

Post by kratos auron » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:36 am

Let's see, my first experience with anime was Voltron back a long time ago when AS used to not suck. I woke up one night and turned on the TV to find the awesomeness of Voltron. From that point on, I tried to get up at that time every night, more often failing.
(Of course, at the time I didn't know it was "anime" I thought it was just another cartoon, but more awesome.)

The first anime I watched intently while knowing it was an anime, was Inuyasha. I now wish I could get those 3 years of my life back, and watch better things.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

User avatar
KuRoMA
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:13 am
Location: bleh

Post by KuRoMA » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:29 am

My first experience with anime was probably Sailor Moon or Cardcaptors, and my first encounter with manga was when my aunt gave me Shonen Jump Issue #1, which I lost a year later.

User avatar
StrateryB
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: Stealing someone's glasses
Contact:

Post by StrateryB » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm

I started on anime at 4 or 5 years old, my brothers didn't want to watch me so they let me watch anime to keep me occupied. First ones I watched were "Neon Genesis Evangelion", "Escaflowne", "Record of Loddos War", "Sailor Moon", and "Dragon Ball Z".

I didn't know what anime was until "Love Hina".

Keyblade Master Sora
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: Roaming the forum
Contact:

Post by Keyblade Master Sora » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:36 pm

I had watch Sailor Moon, DBZ, and Gundam Wing. What got me interested in anime was probably Cardcaptors.

DawnBandit
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:34 am

Post by DawnBandit » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:27 am

StrateryB wrote:I started on anime at 4 or 5 years old, my brothers didn't want to watch me so they let me watch anime to keep me occupied. First ones I watched were "Neon Genesis Evangelion", "Escaflowne", "Record of Loddos War", "Sailor Moon", and "Dragon Ball Z".

I didn't know what anime was until "Love Hina".
Evangelion.

As a four year old?

Is this the "Shinji jizzing all over a comatose Asuka" Evangelion or something else?

Fourdaimu
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:16 pm
Location: around.
Contact:

Post by Fourdaimu » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:25 am

I think Evangelion as a four-year-old no matter what version it is, is more than a little disturbing.

User avatar
Hakumei Hizoku
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:19 pm
Location: New Bedford, MA
Contact:

Post by Hakumei Hizoku » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:44 am

DawnBandit wrote:
StrateryB wrote:I started on anime at 4 or 5 years old, my brothers didn't want to watch me so they let me watch anime to keep me occupied. First ones I watched were "Neon Genesis Evangelion", "Escaflowne", "Record of Loddos War", "Sailor Moon", and "Dragon Ball Z".

I didn't know what anime was until "Love Hina".
Evangelion.

As a four year old?

Is this the "Shinji jizzing all over a comatose Asuka" Evangelion or something else?
I don't think the movie was out when he was for to be watching such a thing.
Fourdaimu wrote:I think Evangelion as a four-year-old no matter what version it is, is more than a little disturbing.
I agree. To watch Eva as a fist and be a four year old would be a little "disturbing" as you put it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/twilightbandit][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/twilightchan/Twi-kuncopy.jpg?t=1264198264[/img][/url]

User avatar
Harukochan
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Somewhere.

Post by Harukochan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:44 am

I owe it to an anime film I loved when I was little, called The Fantastic Adventures of Unico.
Image

Reven
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: In the cut
Contact:

Post by Reven » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:15 pm

DBZ and Pokemon is what hooked me. Anime and manga just allows the creators to base their stories on whatever they want, as long as it's appealing.

Post Reply