What are you watching this month?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

59cobalt

What are you watching this month?

Post by 59cobalt »

The old thread seems to be another victim of the server crash, so I'm starting a new one.

Watching in April:

Anime:
  • Cowboy Bebop: [+]
  • Kodocha 2nd season: [+] Large portions of the second season didn't have anything at all to do with the manga. Particularly bad was the New York arc. Actually, all that saved the series from getting an even lower rating was the Water Palace arc at the beginning.
  • Rozen Maiden ~Overtüre~: [+]
Non-Anime:
  • The Bourne Ultimatum: Or so I thought. However, it appears that the DVD has a new copy^Wplayback protection on it, which (of course) doesn't agree with my players. The publisher must not want my money in the first place. Oh, well.
  • The Professionals 3rd Season
Delivery of some orders was delayed, so not really much to watch this month.

Edit: My copy of the Cowboy Bebop Limited Collector's Edition arrived today. *yay* And I was notified that another shipment is on its way. :happyhappy:

cu
59cobalt
Last edited by cmgviking on Sat May 03, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

The tower of DURAGA The Aegis of URUK

New anime that just started being aired. I dunno the details, but apparently this anime is being subbed, and put on Youtube and some other sites, to watch legally. That's right. youtube now has a legal anime on it... or something...

I could post the link to the first episode if anyone is interested.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

FenixAiur

Post by FenixAiur »

Legal anime on YouTube?

Hopefully it's not just a preview.
[signature]

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

That live-action Legend of Zelda trailer, all the while crossing my fingers that it's not the April Fools' prank that I know it is. If it were real, it would promise either epic grandeur or the biggest source of gut-busting since Keanu Reeves in Much Ado about Nothing.

Also, Code Geass, whenever it starts airing on Adult Swim. And hopefully Welcome to the N.H.K as well.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

kratos auron wrote:The tower of DURAGA The Aegis of URUK

New anime that just started being aired. I dunno the details, but apparently this anime is being subbed, and put on Youtube and some other sites, to watch legally. That's right. youtube now has a legal anime on it... or something...

I could post the link to the first episode if anyone is interested.
Linky. It's the full first episode, and yes, it's legal.

I watched it and can't say I'm too impressed. Looks much like they tried and failed at poking fun at fantasy/RPG anime.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

I dunno. I'll admit that I liked this first episode. I had a few good laughs. Although I will say, I am hoping that this anime will either become completely serious, or stay on it's comedy path, not try to do both. Most anime that do that fail...

I actually found and picked up the PS2 DURAGA game yesterday for only $4. Can't say I'm impressed with the game too much but it was worth the $4. The anime still looks good though IMO.

FenixAiur

Post by FenixAiur »

Shouldn't this thread be Sticky, Zero?

Anyway... Just finished watching Black Cat. I think I'll start watching Fate/Stay Night and/or Evangelion. Let's see if they're as good as my evil twin or good twin.. whatever.. suggests. (Now that I think about it, I have a goatee)
[signature]

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

FenixAiur wrote:Shouldn't this thread be Sticky, Zero?

Anyway... Just finished watching Black Cat.
Where did you watch it? I can't find any after 17.

Kaito The Ramen Bandit

Post by Kaito The Ramen Bandit »

Kamen Rider series and the Super Sentai series
[url=http://kaitou-d.mybrute.com/cellule]Join me in the MyBrute War[/url]

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

FenixAiur wrote:Shouldn't this thread be Sticky, Zero?

Anyway... Just finished watching Black Cat. I think I'll start watching Fate/Stay Night and/or Evangelion. Let's see if they're as good as my evil twin or good twin.. whatever.. suggests. (Now that I think about it, I have a goatee)
They are... Believe in my words!

Arc-Royal

Post by Arc-Royal »

FenixAiur wrote:(Now that I think about it, I have a goatee)
The really awful thing about this sentence: at first glance, I read it as "goatse."

FenixAiur

Post by FenixAiur »

Arc-Royal wrote:
FenixAiur wrote:(Now that I think about it, I have a goatee)
The really awful thing about this sentence: at first glance, I read it as "goatse."

That was certainly awful.
[signature]