How anime affects your life?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dose anima affect your life?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:21 pm

Total votes: 0

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Martyr wrote:
Lord Styphon wrote:
Martyr wrote:and then there's people at school who say "thy" "thou" or ask to be nicknamed after an anime character...sad-no offense to people that do...
"I am going to say openly that people do something that I feel is stupid are pathetic! At the same time, I am going to hedge my bets and make a lame 'no offense' comment after I say that I think what they do is stupid to hopefully lessen the impact of insulting these people if there are any actually here to take offense at me saying that they're pathetic!"
heh-ya got me
i guess i was trying to make it a little lighter(no way u can)- otherwise doing those things-yeah its pathetic. i mean, man, its not worth doing(for real)
to strateryB>i'd be laughing if i were u
Hell yeah, it was too funny, I do feel kinda bad that I laughed out loud at him though..... :lol:

Jojo e KAY
Location: Beach during the summer home during the school year.

Post by Jojo e KAY »

Mostly, anime has affected my drawings it helps me when drawing different perspectives. Anime doesn't really affect my actions although, it does affect some people. I have this friend and she has let anime completely affected her personality her moods, and actions are straight out of a magical girl anime!! :anger2: (Sorry I hate magical girl story plots such as Sailor Moon or Tokyo Mew Mew. No offense to anyone that likes them.)

I don't think that cosplaying is pathetic. My opinion it's a fun thing to do with your friends. I don't do cosplay because I'm obessed with anime (because I'm not) I just do it for fun.
Fallen angels at my feet, whispering voices at my ears, death before my eyes lying next to me I fear.

All_Hail_Otakudom

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom »

It heavily affects my life & I admit that I'm a bit of an otaku but I don't really go out and buy figurines cuz, no offense to the people that do, I think that they're just stupid. I buy anime posters now & then but not everytime I see one. I mainly stay in the anime/manga department w/ 1 Death Note shirt.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]

Hakumei Hizoku

Post by Hakumei Hizoku »

I guess for me, it really has changed my life LOL weird huh? When I first watched anime i didn't think that something that looked so good, compared to American cartoons, also had such a deep story line. From that i watched it because of the artwork/CG/story line. Then, I started to listen to J-Music and that was thanks to anime. Cause of that I found a great band that I love, Dir en grey. Soon I was hooked and realized i was becoming an otaku XD Anyway, it let me see things in a different way. Some anime were funny while others where bloody. Some had simple stories and others had very detail/complex story lines. I just think it's awesome.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/twilightbandit][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/twilightchan/Twi-kuncopy.jpg?t=1264198264[/img][/url]

Reven

Post by Reven »

Anime showed me that your imagination can be allowed to go wild. unlike American cartoons, anime isn't stagnant. It eventually made my drawings take on a japanese influence and has made me want to become a manga artist.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

How do you define "imagination being allowed to go wild" and "stagnant"?

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Reven wrote:Anime showed me that your imagination can be allowed to go wild. unlike American cartoons, anime isn't stagnant. It eventually made my drawings take on a japanese influence and has made me want to become a manga artist.
Hey, man, Batman the animated series won Emmies. Someone needs to watch better American cartoons.

Oh, and for the record, Dragon Ball Z is one of the most "stagnant" shows I've seen. I mean, considering that it takes MORE THAN ONE EPISODE to charge a damn attack.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Screw the Americans and the Japanese. Canadian is where it's at.

Or of course, you could go international on us...

KuRoMA

Post by KuRoMA »

I don't like them Canadian shows, but I like Inspector Gadget.

All_Hail_Otakudom

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom »

Zerodaimu wrote:Screw the Americans and the Japanese. Canadian is where it's at.

Sweet I watch 6teen & TDI. It's funny.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Zerodaimu wrote:Screw the Americans and the Japanese. Canadian is where it's at.

Needs more Belgium

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Peregrin wrote:

Needs more Belgium
True.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Reven

Post by Reven »

Lord Styphon wrote:How do you define "imagination being allowed to go wild" and "stagnant"?
I feel that manga can be about anything as long as their is an audience. People that read manga seem to be more approachable with different material versus western influenced artists. For the most part most american comics still deal with mutants, and superheroes. You might have some that don't but theres less of them when compared to those who do. That's what I mean by calling it stagnant. Many artists as well as people in America look down on work that has a manga influence. It's starting to change gradually but it still continues. For the most part a person can create a manga based upon anything and it's excepted as long as their is an audience. The stories seem more diverse than what I see here.

@Peregrin: I liked DBZ for a while but yes it's very stagnant and the powers of the cast became absurd. However there are plenty of manga that can make up for what another has done. I'm speaking upon the manga overall not just one title. I've watched some American cartoons over the years but most of the good ones are no longer around. Watching old episodes of my past favorites could work however.

As a side note I know that this thread is for anime but I feel the same about anime and manga versus american cartoons and comics.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Reven wrote:
Lord Styphon wrote:How do you define "imagination being allowed to go wild" and "stagnant"?
I feel that manga can be about anything as long as their is an audience. People that read manga seem to be more approachable with different material versus western influenced artists. For the most part most american comics still deal with mutants, and superheroes. You might have some that don't but theres less of them when compared to those who do. That's what I mean by calling it stagnant. Many artists as well as people in America look down on work that has a manga influence. It's starting to change gradually but it still continues. For the most part a person can create a manga based upon anything and it's excepted as long as their is an audience. The stories seem more diverse than what I see here.

@Peregrin: I liked DBZ for a while but yes it's very stagnant and the powers of the cast became absurd. However there are plenty of manga that can make up for what another has done. I'm speaking upon the manga overall not just one title. I've watched some American cartoons over the years but most of the good ones are no longer around. Watching old episodes of my past favorites could work however.

As a side note I know that this thread is for anime but I feel the same about anime and manga versus american cartoons and comics.
Horrid grammatical errors aside, I feel that you offer a rather vague and weak argument. You say that there are plenty of manga that can make up for what others have done. This is very much true in the same sense with American cartoons. Likewise, any idea will be accepted for American cartoons if there is an audience. In fact, this is true in almost any genre of art. Because an audience equates to the power to sell. Unless there is some political or societal issue attached, most ideas that sell well are allowed to exist.

Oh, and most shounen manga deal with superhumans just as American comics do. They're actually quite similar in many aspects.