Games You're Currently Playing

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Commentary

Re: Games You're Currently Playing

Post by Commentary »

I am trying to find 4 dimensional games that I can actually download and play.
.........all that remains are Drugs and Alcohol!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I've been playing 'Mario Kart 8' for the last week, or so. The AI's cheap as hell at 150cc and the rubberbanding is still in full effect, which can make it frustrating at times, but not enough to keep me from playing it and coming back for more.

These are from two of my play sessions as Daisy (both at 150cc): the first is from a near flawless run on the Piranha Plant Slide, while the other highlights the exchange of blows between Daisy and Waluigi on the Bone-Dry Dunes course.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

... ... I wonder if they realize that from some angles It looks like Daisy is only wearing a couple yellow straps (And NOT where they need to be for a G-rated game) and boots...
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Adamas: If you're going by youtube's picture quality... I dunno... maybe. :-\

But, during actual gameplay, you'd either have to be blind, or just trying really hard to imagine that she wasn't wearing a leather biker's outfit. Plus, when you're using a kart (rather than a bike) Daisy wears her dress instead. I prefer to use bikes 'cuz the handling is better and they make sharper turns than karts (which is crucial for shaving seconds off lap times and for maintaining your lead when playing against the AI at 150cc).

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Yeah I know, hence the "certain angles".

As for ESO I SO wanna play it but my comp would never handle it.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

I got Age of Wonders III from GOG's summer sale. :D
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Started as new EU IV playthrough with a friend. Aragorn is the first to get crushed by the french/spanish alliance.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Adamas wrote:Yeah I know, hence the "certain angles".

As for ESO I SO wanna play it but my comp would never handle it.
If you can run Skyrim then you can run ESO.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

not currently playing but it seems interesting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/27429 ... 1_5_9__205
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Not currently playing it, but Divinity Original Sin looks extremely interesting.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

TellusEidolon wrote:Not currently playing it, but Divinity Original Sin looks extremely interesting.
I've heard alot good things about that as well, but turn-based RPG's are't really my thing :S
ATM i'm playing Age of Mythology: Extended Edition as well as the MMO Neverwinter who is more addicting that i would have thought(the fact that i'm a Forgotten Realms lore buff also helps ;) )
I also found a unique tower defence game called Space Run thats very fun to play and even has a funny storyline in it as well :)

So far thats eneugh to keep me busy altrough i'm considering to buy Valiant Hearts:the great war since it seems a very emotional puzzle game(trailer made me cry to my own suprise) but i think i'll wait a little before i do that.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Weertangel wrote:
TellusEidolon wrote:Not currently playing it, but Divinity Original Sin looks extremely interesting.
I've heard alot good things about that as well, but turn-based RPG's are't really my thing :S
It's not fully TBS. Only the combat is turn-based (kinda like Jagged Alliance, x-com, etc). Rest of the time it acts like any other isometric rpg.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. Played it for a few days now and only just gotten out of the first town. (Gotta explore everything! :P)

Commentary

Post by Commentary »

.........all that remains are Drugs and Alcohol!

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

what be this *pokes it* seems interesting
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?