Favorite Anime

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Weertangel

Re: Favorite Anime

Post by Weertangel »

^^^^^ Never seen that series, whats it about?
Also, i forgot to add Sword art online to my list on the other thread, loved that serie but the big love story in the 2nd part of the series really was't needed.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Weertangel: El Hazard is about a group of highschool students (and their history teacher), who get sent to an alternate world, called El Hazrad; which happens to be 10,000 years in the past. The crux of the plot is divided between the war for El Hazard, and their quest to return home.

It's a truly outstanding series that must be seen to be appreciated. The art, character design, and soundtrack, all invoke an Arabian Nights type ambiance. If you're a fan of fantasy/adventure, El Hazard is highly recommended.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

ok thx for the explanation Gotoh!
Will check it out when i'm in the mood for that kind of series.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

So I have a new favorite that was good enough that I actually bought the DVD (a rare distinction for me)

Black Lagoon is probably one of the most awesome things ever, killed OP, awesome characters and some fantastic, over the top violence that would make John Woo blush. That and a gunwoman like "Two Hands" Revy is just about one of the sexiest goddamn things in the history of the universe. Gotta love a woman you can trust to not only cover your back but lead the assault forward~
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Meh...

I prefer Gunsmith Cats.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

I watched the Black Lagoon series just now(see anime lovers thread) and was really inpressed with it, since it always stays interesing and u always keep wondering what the hell Rock is thinking and how far he will fall...

As for Gunsmith Cats, love the manga but the reader abuse in it really gets to me sometimes(all the drugs stuff does't really fall good with me.),think i saw some of the anime somewhere but can't remember.. :(

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Weertangel: The anime version of 'GSC' isn't as graphic as the manga, so you might find it somewhat easier to watch.

Admittedly, I've only seen clips of 'Black Lagoon', but from what little I've seen, and what I've read about Revy's character, it doesn't sound like my cup of tea. The psycho chick character type just doesn't appeal to me. Rally is closer to (though still not quite) the type of character I prefer.

That'd be Shinobu Nagumo. :!!

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Hmmmm, well if you found Gunsmith Cats abusive, then one suggests you steer clear of Gunslinger Girl and Higurashi.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Gunslinger girl i never picked up couse the whole " little orphan girls turned into cyborg assasins"thing really is't a theme i enjoy and the other one i did't even know, so i'll go check it out ;)
As Black Lagoon, i have seen worse, she just loves to shoot ppl,and she mellows a little trough the series,besides,Roberta is FAR worse in the OVA, so just go check out the first 5 anime episodes before saying u don't like it.

As for the clip u linked, she's also nice and a cool girl,(would have probably done the same thing in her place) but that does't mean u can't enjoy the the more violent ones ;)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Haven't watched Gunsmith Cats since my VCR finally kicked the bucket. Its on my list of animes I need to get on disc....

Riding Bean (Mostly the same universe, but the Rally in it was Sonada's earlier design for her) is another fun watch. I loved when he was brought into the GSC manga stories, especially the joke with the jacket... ;)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Bean bandit together with Rally is the best combo ever! :)
They look cool and sexy together, pity the plan to give bean his own serie never went trough. :(
And i know what u mean, that bonus chapter was in the last GSC volume.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

The one where she's hiding in his place, and picks up the jacket, then nearly breaks her foot when she dropped in surprise? :))

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

:-? I'll have to check, but I could swear it was Misty who dropped his armoured jacket on herself.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Ye, its Misty to who that happens, quite an hilarious scene heh :) ,pity she ends up so bad at the end of GSC:Burst. :((

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

It's been a while, and I need to get ahold of 'Burst', or at least the final part of it. That's the one with the return of Percy, with him going full villian?