Steven Universe

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Steven Universe

Post by Tenjen »

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

So, I was surfing around on Tumblr when I encountered this image with the caption "The moss was just trying to bloom". (Picture behind spoiler because it's quite big.)

Now, here's the thing... I really enjoy stories with Lars and Sadie in them, but I actively dislike Lars. He’s such an obnoxious, selfish little jerk who tries too hard and thinks only of himself. He's a punk, he's thoughtless, and he can be downright mean. Then, I realized something… there were more than a few times as a young teen when all of those descriptions could be applied to me. And I’ve grown a lot from that person.

This picture of a sensitive, lonely Lars made me realize I want to see a redemption arc for his character. Not one where over one episode he does something good and suddenly he’s a hero - no, I want him to realize how much he’s hurt people. I want ‘The Cool Kids’ (Sour Cream, Jenny Pizza, Buck Dewey) to call him out on something he does that’s not right, I want him to realize how horribly he treats Sadie who adores him and Steven who looks up to him. There are so many positive stories in Steven Universe, and I think this would be a good one to see. Not so that suddenly Lars becomes a good person so he can “win the girl” - that would be the wrong message. I’d really like to see a story arc where Lars becomes a good person so all that anger that seems to live inside of him fades away.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I know, I saw that and was all bummed out. I was looking forwards to having a new episode on Thursday, and now I have to wait an extra month. :( I'm especially looking forwards to the episode titled "Sadie's Song" - I'm curious about that little perfect cinnamon bun.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

http://theworldofstevenuniverse.blogspo ... omics.html

here are the official comics to tide you over.

ImageImageImage

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

These two are walking spoilers anyway, so here!

ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

A medley of Steven Universe music on piano.

Some fan art... here's Peridot and that conspicuous looking cactus -
A grooving Stevonnie -
And how Pearl might have looked in fashions of earlier years -

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

<3
ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

A day and a comment have interrupted the posts... so I am free to post again!
A symphonic METAL tribute to Steven Universe!

Here's someone having fun with a moment from an early Steven Universe, when we glimpsed into Pearl's Room -
An AU (alternate universe) version of the Crystal Gems as normal people -
I actually like a lot of the AU's that are out there, they lead to fun little comics. Like this one where Lapis, Peridot, and Jasper maybe aren't necessarily nice... but they're not trying to fight Steven and the other Crystal Gems.

And then, the bonus pic
And finally, a little 2 second Vine that someone put together making fun of a classic scene from So Many Birthdays.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Theres also one tumblr where Amethyst is a homeworld gem under Jaspers command
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Here's an interesting bit of fan theory I found online - it's in a Tumblr post, so it's easier for me to cut 'n paste the assorted pictures and text rather than putting a link for people to follow. Not claiming these ideas are my own:

jay-oracle:

So everyone’s talking about Rose/Pearl’s relationship and such, but I’d like to point out another interesting thing about this episode.

When Pearl makes holo-rose, she’s recreating the scene. She repeats it, word for word. Every expression Rose made, every shift of a curl. And as we all know, Pearl is an extreme perfectionist. She wouldn’t change a detail of this scene.

So what am I getting at? Pearl’s posture.

Pearl is down on one knee. Heck, she’s GENUFLECTING. Everything about her posture and expression illustrates extreme respect, and this is before they are even allies in battle.

My next point is Rose’s Flag. It could very well be a revolution flag meant to represent the crystal gems, it’s true. But take a look at it. It’s 100% rose quartz. None of the other gems are represented on it in any way. Don’t you think it would be a little out of character for Rose, who’s all about loving everyone and everything, to make their flag all about her? It seems a little vain for this selfless gem we’ve been shown.

So here’s my theory; Rose Quartz was gem Royalty. Or at least held a very high rank. All of the gems respect her unconditionally (beyond that, they all seem positively enamored with her) she has whole armories, she has an insignia on a FLAG. It would make sense that Rose would be an incredibly important gem. As far as we know Rose was the only gem with healing abilities. Even Lapis Lazuli seemes shocked to hear that Steven had healing powers. Rose could have held the life of her entire species in her hands, which would make her pretty damn important. So if the gems do come back to earth, what will we learn about Rose, and who she was before she chose earth?

stevemanrp:

What if Rose Quartz isn’t actually Quartz?
Look at her gem. and well,
this is the pinkest piece of gemstone cut rose quartz i could find on a cursory search. See how its smokey and not really “pink” like Rose’s gem?

Well, I have a gem that matches it much better.
This is a rose diamond.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Rose quartz can be pale pink to blue.

However, this does not necessarily negate the theory as it is possible that Rose Quartz really is a Diamond in hiding.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"