Steven Universe

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: Steven Universe

Post by Ravenhull »

I had to laugh. I have never actually watched any of SU, but of the people I follow on Tumblr, I see so much on my dash that I have picked up much of it through osmosis. But the funny part was that the other morning, I had a dream involving it... oy vey... lol
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

... I can't help it, you mentioned having a Steven Universe dream and I instantly imagined you made the same mistake as Jamie the mailman and started flirting with Garnet. :))
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Well, it was bound to happen. There is now an online Gemsona maker. Which means, of course, I had to fiddle around with it to make my own gemsona. :p

And because I had to create one for myself... here's "Fluorite", using my classic colors of purple & green.

EDIT: Even as I posted it, I felt... "Eh, I can clean that up a bit". So, this is the more updated look for Fluorite.
Last edited by Dirty n Evil on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i have my own but it does not fit into any design the makers can create
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Hey! It's between episodes, and it's been a while since there's been any posts here, so I thought I'd share a few things I've found online.

First, there is this quote of Rebecca Sugar that I find personally very inspiring. "It's interesting to be subversive in a positive way, I think that's... that's really my goal. Like, I want that to exist and I want everyone to internalize it. It doesn't have to be cruel to be funny. It can just be great to spend time with someone that you really care about... which is what Steven is really to me."

A funny little comic of why Peridot shouldn't play around with Lapis Lazuli

ImageImage
A picture of Rose Quartz dancing with Pearl... who's looking over her shoulder towards the implied Greg.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

... and, I'm double-posting because the forum wouldn't let me put too many images in one post, which each panel of those comics is one image. So, I'm going to post another comic and a singular image.

Another little comic of Lapis Lazuli and Peridot interacting. What can I say... I find the idea of Peridot trying too hard with Lapis and Lapis in turn reacting rather flatly quite amusing. ;) I think it's because Peridot is such an awkward little dork who has made some big mistakes... and it's funny to see a bit of karma come back to her in a way that isn't out right mean.

And a cool sword fighting Connie. I really like Connie Maheswaran - she is such a complex and interesting character.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

fantastic artsh!

time for some music https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 8JxrjCHHIE
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I heard that recently as well, Tenjen... interesting to hear all the lyrics to that song. :) Glad you enjoyed the art as well, so here's some more!

Pearl relating to Steven about the stories of fighting side by side with Rose Quartz

Peridot spending some time stargazing with Amethyst

And while this is a still from the show, I still love the comment someone shared about it. :))

"Sadie, I see you. I see that wandering hand."

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Well, Cartoon Network is at it again with the leaks, and the Steven Universe production crew is not happy. The UK site of Cartoon Network has just put up a clip of Steven Universe that's around a minute and twenty seconds long... of a future episode that hasn't aired yet. It's extra spoiler-y, and related to the leaked scene Cartoon Network aired that one time during the last Stevenbomb. You have to wonder what they're thinking.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

The censoring of the gem relationships is bad enough without this crap too
ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Augh. AUGH. *takes a deep breath* AUGH! Without looking for it, I accidentally stumbled on what I thought was some fan made original Steven Universe content someone made. It wasn't. It was further material that was leaked. Something that would have been really cool to see in show in the moment, but now it is truly spoiled for me. :ymtongue: Gah. I'm not happy.

But, here are some more Steven Universe things to enjoy. First, Peridot finds herself becoming an internet troll...

Many people have seen Thomas Sander's vines... he's the fellow who does the narrating random people on the street clips? He did a funny one about Gem Fusions.

And finally, a picture someone did of Lapis Lazuli that I really liked.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Heh, Tenjen beat me to it. Word I'm hearing is that it won't be an "every week a new Steven Universe" situation, but there should be several new Steven Universes in June. Also, apparently we're still not completely finished with season 2. Which means that there are still a few episodes left before the 3rd season starts... and the idea of at least three more full seasons is really appealing. :D

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Sounds like they'll be doing what they've been doing with Adventure Time and Regular Show, which isn't bad, you know. I just wish they would do a very firmly regular schedule. I'm tired of all this chaos in the schedules.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

ImageImageImage