Rooster Teeth (was RWBY)

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Rooster Teeth (was RWBY)

Post by Ravenhull »

Seems there is enough interest in the show to justify it's own thread. Besides, I can start posting cool RWBY art here... ;)
duneshdw wrote:I'm intrigued by the inclusion of this 'faunas' population in RWBY. There was that brief mention of a faunas civil rights protest in the news report back in episode one, too, which I was very curious about. And I wonder if the Schnee Corporation's 'controversial' labor practices have anything to do with them.
Not to mention that if you pay attention to the song in the Black trailer, From Shadows, it sounds like a full on slave rebellion:

From shadows
We'll descend upon the world
Take back what you stole
From shadows
We'll reclaim our destiny
Set our future free
And we'll rise
And we'll rise
Above the darkness and the shame
Above the torture and the pain
Above the ridicule and hate
Above the binding of our fate

Born with no life... into subjugation
Treated like a worthless animal
Stripped of all rights
Just a lesser being
Crushed by cruel ruthless human rule

When it started
All we wanted was a chance to live our lives
Now in darkness
Taking everything we want and we will rise
We'll rise
We'll rise
Last edited by Ravenhull on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Re: RWBY

Post by Searcher »

I'm actually liking this show, RoosterTeeth does it again. My only complaint is the length of shows. I know RoosterTeeth doesn't have muilt million dollars budgets but the writing is really good and Monty knows how to action/fight scenes; it is a shame we only get such small glimps into this world they created.

So I took a dive into google to find so fan art on RWBY ... son of a ... man they ship fast in these waters don't they :p
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Hell, WeissxRuby (aka Pink, aka Candycane, aka White Rose) sailed before the first episode. =))

I rather like some of VnixxeR's art:
(BTW, also love the uniforms...)
She also has done a series of 4koma style comics with RWBY.

On another front, I ran across this picture on Tumblr a couple weeks ago, and reposted with the #rwby tag saying that someone more talented than me needed to mod it with either Yang and Blake or Ruby and Weiss:

Well, this morning this appeared:

More fun pics:

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Fell in love/lust with Glynda in Episode one... just gotta get that crop away from her... ;)

Image Image
Image Image

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Searcher wrote:So I took a dive into google to find so fan art on RWBY ... son of a ... man they ship fast in these waters don't they :p
You've obviously never been on tumblr before. :p
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Yeah, never done the Tumbler thingy ...

edit: because I can't help it :x

“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Tumblr can be fun... but not for the timid... :ymdevil:

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Those are really cool pictures and drawings!
Never imagined it would get this popular :)

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

When I saw the trailers for it I was basicly :-?? ... now that I have watched them, a couple times each ... it is the writing for me .. why I like it.

and I, sadly once again, see the ship in the harbor. White Rose :x

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

New episode... well that does shed some light on some things... (vagueness for spoilers)

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Okay, everyone watch the show now! I don't want to wait 48 hours to discuss this !!!!!

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i think jaune's a massive moron who needs to realise that no one became great without help and training. especially since he's in a team. people just dont grow themselves. They grow in an evironment with people and teachers. WHICH IS WHY HE'S IN A FUCKING TRAINING SCHOOL FOR COMBATANTS.

you are worthless if you learn how to do amazing things by yourself.
Last edited by Tenjen on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Jaune's a 17yo totally insecure boy who doesn't realize what's good for him at the moment. What he needs to realize is that the others didn't themselves just get there on 'their own', but had the help of their training and teachers. Accepting the help of his friends would push him up to alongside them. But, being a typical insecure teen, trying to get that through his head will be a challenge.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, considering he is now the Cardinal's personal butt monkey, someone had better get it through his skull, toot sweet.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Silly me ... here I was worried that I would have to wait two days to talk about it ... and then get sideline by life for two days until I get to talk about it. 8-|

Butt Monkey ... totally ... Ugg! I like to think it takes really creative writing to turn a lovable dufus underdog that I like and make me hate him in less then 6 minutes. The level of face palm on this is over 9000. I mean, really you idiot, you only recognize Pyrrha because of a cereal box you saw on your mommies kitchen table! A cereal box that you even admit had only the best athlete and cartoon characters on it! And this hot red head wants to take your hand and help train you so you don' end up in the belly of some Grimm and you go all “WAHAA I want to be a big boy and wear big boy panties!!! WAHAAA!” L-)

God, I hope he likes his bananas with extra 'fudge' … 8-|

Only saving grace is he seems to be able to strategist … somewhat … maybe he can turn the tables on Mr asshole and have him fail while he passes or something, then he might be worth something.