The Princess and the Frog

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bloody Vikings

The Princess and the Frog

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Yeah, I know that I'm several years late to the party, but I just got around to watching this movie.
It's a partial deconstruction and a love letter to the classic Disney films in one package. And gorgeous.

Sorry, just needed to gush over it a little bit.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Adamas

Re: The Princess and the Frog

Post by Adamas »

I really wanted to slap her rich friend, I liked her as a charecter but DAMN that girl would talk the scales off a 'gator!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Lottie definitely walked a narrow line between endearing and enraging.
I alos just discovered that Dr. Facilier was voiced by Frank from "They Live." That made for some amusing mental images.
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Titan

Post by Titan »

Definitely one of the best Disney animated films. It was a harken back to the Disney Renaissance and I enjoyed it greatly. It saddens me that Disney has almost completely abandoned Hand drawn animation now.
Thereupon he rose, beyond the pillars of Hercules.
The monstrosity erupted from Poseidon's grasp and held the fiery beacon.
Through pain a torture, the colossus lit the way for the weary travelers.
Beckoning their stay upon the shores of Rhodes, giving peace to those who suffer.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i liked the actual "princess" too. They could have made her a total prissy airheaded bitch, but then theres stuff like that last part where she's being all empathetic and understanding and wonderful
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

Bloody Vikings wrote:Yeah, I know that I'm several years late to the party, but I just got around to watching this movie.
It's a partial deconstruction and a love letter to the classic Disney films in one package. And gorgeous.

Sorry, just needed to gush over it a little bit.
And it gave us one of the best Disney princesses ever!
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested