Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Tenjen »

Again, they might choose not to go that way, there are rumours about Hand coming back but i find them questionable.

I for one hope they do atleast reference a relationship
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I think it could make for a very interesting twist on the idea of killing off a man's love interest to motivate him...instead, we get a woman who is bent of tearing HYDRA to shreds for murdering her wife.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

i think so as well. The possibility had occurred to me but i want to wait for a character trailor or showcase for more data. i dont allow myself to hope till then
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Nice first episode last night, didn't recognize Lucy Lawless at first! Lots of plots and twists in the first episode to keep us going all season.

I saw an Easter Egg that no-one else seems to be commenting on, during the Peggy Carter scene

One of the boxes has a palm tree on it. The same symbol that was used in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Tenjen wrote:Everything has been building up to this point. the start has just been tantalizing flirtations and lingering softcore foreplay.

it's good now because of the intial setup
Also they couldn't do it too soon, as they needed to be a bit in league with the release of Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier.

Luckily for us, Season 2 has been approved a few months ago, so now it's just waiting for the 1st episode.

EDIT:Ooh, I haven't checked a few days, and now I see they just started.. .niiiiiiice :)
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

First episode set the stage for the season. how shield works, the position everyone is in, side chars, seriousness, villains.

Also

BANG. Dead Lucy.
and

OH MY GOD SIMMONS WHAT ARE YOU DOING
i also realized that Ward had a bodning episode with each of the characters in season 1

which made the setup of him being hydra all the more shocking and painful
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

ah man with the recent episode, ive got to keep wondering how Shield retains its rating.

lots revealed. and even more questions brought up. And fitz making a recovery!
ImageImageImage

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

You mean TV-14? In the US, it's on after 9pm , so the ratings system is allowed more towards the adult side.

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

I think viewer rates?

It's in another hiatus, isn't it?
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy

Post by Radbaron »

Agent Carter is in it's place right now. Should be back soon.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

will be back in exactly a month from now
ImageImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I really, really want to like this show... I've been with it from the beginning, but I'm losing the desire to keep up with it. Here's why - and it's a long rant behind spoilers, because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't watched up to the latest episode.

All of the first season of the show was about "bringing the team together as a unit". I liked that. I wasn't such a big fan of Agent Ward being such a duplicitous turncoat when it happened, and then it became a massive snowball that hasn't stopped through this season. Because if there is one message of this current season, it's "we're going to kill people off and fracture the team to the point that it will all just become chaos". Which it definitely has.

Let's take a role call of the ruined friendships and relationships that have been wrecked since the end of last season:
• Fitz & Simmons - While they're finding a new common ground, their wonderful warm friendship is gone for good. And if it isn't, then they're not writing it correctly.
• Skye & Ward - He's a psychopath, she tried to shoot him with intentions of killing. Yeah, their bond is fully gone.
• May & Ward - See above.
• Fitz & Mack - You just don't trust that sort of betrayal.
• Bobbi & Hunter - You know, being ex's was tough enough on them. Betrayed again? Yeah, that's a stake to the heart.
• May and Simmons & Skye - UGH. The way they reacted to Skye as though "Kill it! Kill it with fire!" seemed so very out of character to me.

It honestly and truly feels like now there are two character molds in the show now - either people who have turned into buttheads, or sympathetic characters who are endlessly frustrated and stonewalled from making progress. It's actually starting to become an unpleasant watching experience.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy

Post by Radbaron »

Have you noticed though, that in the last 2 episodes, after the explosion, that Fitz seems to be talking without hesitation?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I have noticed that over the course of the season, they've been working down the amount of stammers and pauses that he possessed at the beginning. And I don't mind that they've shown his progress... really, Fitz right now is my favorite character. However, too much of the show is focused on how little headway they can make, how little resources they have, and how few people they can trust.

I guess in my life I have too much personal frustration and inability to improve my own life (or being friendzoned, like Simmons did to Fitz) that watching it for entertainment doesn't appeal to me.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

what i like is they still show him as having been affected, with his mannerisms and body language, but he has indeed lost his stammer and most of his pauses
ImageImageImage