Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

SilentChaos87

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by SilentChaos87 »

The trailer for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just hit.

It's a Joss Whedon show so that means it should be good. And the other reason it should be good?

Agent Coulson lives.
So is anyone else excited for this? Cause I know I sure as hell am.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Lokitsu

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Lokitsu »

The first episode was a good start. Agent Ward is a bit of a cliche, but otherwise I'm happy with the cast.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I think I'm in love with Agent May :D I really hope that the series keeps going strong. I really enjoyed that.

Good thing this isn't on FOX. They'd cancel it after three episodes just because it's Joss Whedon.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Lokitsu wrote:The first episode was a good start. Agent Ward is a bit of a cliche, but otherwise I'm happy with the cast.
I think Ward is supposed to be, because it makes him the straight man of a very oddball group.

So far, so extremely good. I was very happy with the writing for this, it really captures the same action/comedy smart-assery that the Avengers had.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Interesting, and this is a tv show??
Seems by looking at the trailer they have a BIG budget!
Lets hope it will come to europe to, would hate to download them again...

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

On Hulu too.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I'd just like to know who's fucking bright idea it was to run it opposite NCIS? :-w

I see Whedon continues his habit of re-using actors in his new shows. Good to see Ron Glass and J. August Richards again.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I hope Ron Glass's character will be a regular.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'm hoping that Agent Hill shows up again, and Samuel L. Jackson has made it clear that Fury has to show up at some point or he's going to be royally pissed. . .and you don't want to make Jackson royally pissed.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

So you're saying he'd be royale-ly cheesed? :-=
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Artemisia wrote:I'm hoping that Agent Hill shows up again, and Samuel L. Jackson has made it clear that Fury has to show up at some point or he's going to be royally pissed. . .and you don't want to make Jackson royally pissed.

Since it seems that Coulson is basically reporting directly to Hill (and presumably Fury) that it's a given we'll see Hill again.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Lighthawk wrote:
Lokitsu wrote:The first episode was a good start. Agent Ward is a bit of a cliche, but otherwise I'm happy with the cast.
I think Ward is supposed to be, because it makes him the straight man of a very oddball group.

So far, so extremely good. I was very happy with the writing for this, it really captures the same action/comedy smart-assery that the Avengers had.

"And yeah it hurt a little but but I mask the pain to make myself more attractive to women. DAMN that works FAST!" or that's how I remember the particular line, anyway. :p

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Yeah, the 'that works fast!' line had me laughing good. Coulson's first entrance was great too. ;)

And that last little bit at the end was a great callback to both Captain America, but also to something that featured in the comics from time to time as part of SHIELD's arsenal.

And speaking of that arsenal, and based on Hill's rather cryptic comment, part of me wonders if Coulsen is really a high end Life Model Decoy who actually thinks he is Coulson.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Ravenhull wrote: and based on Hill's rather cryptic comment, part of me wonders if Coulsen is really a high end Life Model Decoy who actually thinks he is Coulson.
Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.