Shadowrun Returns.

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Adamas

Shadowrun Returns.

Post by Adamas »

Apparently some guys decided to finally make a new Shadowrun PC game.

http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowrun/

And here's a vid of the Alpha gameplay

Don't know about you jokers. But I'm serious considering sending some Nuyen these fragger's way.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: Shadowrun Returns.

Post by Ravenhull »

I got involved in the Kickstarter project for this, and I'm looking forward to it, being a long time Shadowrun fan from practically day one of the original. They also have Shadowrun Online upcoming.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

They announced the release date. I am not sure if everyone can see this 'update', or just us backers of the Kickstarter, but assuming they do let you see it, more details:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/161 ... f=activity

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

well I got it and I usually dislike the style they have the battles but I'm liking this, Although the mission with Dodger was a gigantic pain in the ass! Famous Decker doesn't have a single actual attack program in his deck!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Is there a drm-free version of the game or is it only available from Steam? Been thinking of getting it.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I know that a DRM free version was available for those who did the Kickstarter... not sure about post release...

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

As far as I know it's Steam only. Short game but it'll be real interesting once the Workshop get's it's hands on it

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Nexus just opened a SRR page.

shadowrunreturns.nexusmods.com