Doctor Who

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Doctor Who

Post by Artemisia »

I'm still crying.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

that was pretty good. i love that they brought mcgann back for it. poor guy never got the chance he deserved.
Yet still, I live...

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

For those who don't know. . .

The Doctor visited Karn in his Fourth Incarnation. Karn is the last remnant of the Gallifreyan Empire before Gallifrey was taken over by Rassillon, Omega and The Other. Gallifrey use to be ruled by a matriarchy, and the Sisterhood of Karn are the last of that ruling council. They have worked to advance Time Lord science well beyond that which the Citadel ever attempted after the Citadel became corrupt and stagnant.

And I'm so glad McGann got to be a part of this.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

This guide to the "Night of the Doctor" prequel might be helpful to those (like me) who haven't seen any classic Who or 8th Doctor expanded universe stuff: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... he-doctor/

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

That was AWESOME!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

BAKER!!!

MY Doctor!

Wow. . .talk about being blown away.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

I had to miss a bit in the middle, but I recorded it.

That was, indeed, extremely awesome. Loved seeing Rose Tyler, sort of, return as well.

Also, I'm sure all the rest of you guys geeked out about seeing the Thirteenth Doctor -- or, his eyes, at least -- in action.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Let me put it this way- even Neil Gaiman cried- and he writes for the show!

And I loved it. It was amazing. I've seen it three times so far.

I loved all the little 'in jokes'.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

I'm watching An Adventure in Space and Time. Excellent show about the beginning of the Doctor Who phenomenon, from all the problems leading up to the 1963 premiere (including the fact that it followed close on the heels of President Kennedy's assassination) to the end of William Hartnell's time as the First Doctor. It's making me tear up to see Hartnell (portrayed by David Bradley), who went from skeptical to completely identifying himself with The Doctor, eventually lose the role which made him famous due to increasing dementia. Most terrific way to end the show by playing an old clip of the actual Hartnell as The Doctor.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Some of the flubs Hartnell made were left in, like getting Chesterton's name wrong. Hartnell at least got to return for the Tenth Anniversary- The Three Doctors- and it ended up being his last ever role.

One month to go and Capaldi officially takes over the role.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Glad I can read both these threads now (who/Pony)

Just came back from seeing Day of the Doctor at the movie theatre, in 3d! The previews before the show started were amazing, especially Commander Strax going over the movie etiquette rules. An i will forever listen to popcorn to hear it's screams as it's being eaten :)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I hope that's included in the DVD extra features :) I really want to see it.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

So, just about 8 1/2 hours until the Christmas special and the debut of the new Doctor, Peter Capaldi. I don't know whether to call him the 12th or 13th Doctor, though. :-\
-- Dot Warner

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

He is the 12th Doctor. Hurt is not, technically, the Doctor.