Doctor Who

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Doctor Who

Post by Artemisia »

I get you now.

It is the unfortunate nature of fandoms that we have these little wars over our pet favorites and tend to put down anyone who isn't part of that. I've always taken the attitude that the series has something for everyone. Eccleston, I feel, was under utilized. This was partially because Russell Davis was too intent on restructuring Doctor Who and ignored a lot of the past. Overall, Eccleston did a great job, but I've also sometimes thought that another season could have taken away from his brilliance.

But, for me, each Doctor is special in their own way.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Miss Vavavavoom wrote:
Artemisia wrote:He's not my favorite, but he's not bad, why do you ask?
Because he seems to get so much hate! I don't understand why! Don't get me wrong, I love David and Matt but I adore the ever loving crap outta Chris! He was the person who really got me into Doctor Who

OI don't remind me, there was SUCH moaning and whining about Matt after his FIRST EPISODE that I went on such a tear on one forum about people bitching "OMG WHY DID THEY GET RID OF TENNANT! I DON"T LIKE SMITH HE"S UGLY,STUPID, etc etc" that I got banned. Oh well. :p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Tom Baker is still my favorite Doctor. . .but I grew up with him as the Doctor :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Oh, just to add- Christopher Eccleston will be appearing in the second Thor movie as the main antagonist. He's playing Malekith, the leader of the Dark Elves.

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

Artemisia wrote:Oh, just to add- Christopher Eccleston will be appearing in the second Thor movie as the main antagonist. He's playing Malekith, the leader of the Dark Elves.
I knew that but I want him to be the Doctor againnnnnnn :((
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

:ymhug: I know, but we all have to live with the coming and going of 'our' Doctors.

The good news is that there are audio adventures and novels :)

Some of them are really good too.

I need to finish one of them to do the review.

I want to add that I've been doing this for a very long time. I grew up watching Doctor Who. My first Doctor really was Tom Baker, the Fourth Doctor. I've been around as he handed the role off to Davison, and then Davison to Colin Baker, and then Colin Baker to Sylvester McCoy.

Miss Vavavavoom

Artemisia wrote: :ymhug: I know, but we all have to live with the coming and going of 'our' Doctors.

The good news is that there are audio adventures and novels :)

Some of them are really good too.

I need to finish one of them to do the review.

I want to add that I've been doing this for a very long time. I grew up watching Doctor Who. My first Doctor really was Tom Baker, the Fourth Doctor. I've been around as he handed the role off to Davison, and then Davison to Colin Baker, and then Colin Baker to Sylvester McCoy.
So you're a veteran Whoivan?

And I can haz hug? *is still sad about Chris* Pwease?
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yes, I'm a veteran Whovian. I've been a Whovian through the good times and the bad, and seen Doctors come and go. Heck, I even have several copies of the novelizations of episodes dating back to the 1980's. I first read some episodes because I never got to actually see them.

And you can have all the hugs you want :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Just remember, your favorite Doctor may have left, but he have left episodes to cherish, and that's the only thing you can do.

That and enjoy the show as it continues on.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Miss V, I like Eccleston as The Doctor. I like him because he seems more -- dangerous -- than guys like Tennant or Smith. Not that there's anything wrong with the last two Doctors. It's that Eccleston looks like he's prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means wiping out the Daleks or Cybermen as a race. That face, that hairline, and the fact that he has the chutzpah to wear a leather jacket instead of a shirt and tie really add to his take on The Doctor. His look is as iconic as T. Baker's long scarf or C. Baker's multi-colored jacket.

Oh, and another thing you can take to heart, Miss V, is that I very much doubt any of Eccleston's episodes will be lost to time because their original videos were taped over by the BBC.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Watch the Ecclestone series again, and the first season (or two) of Tennant. At the end, the producers thank the sponsors, which were then the BBC - naturally- but also the CBC... Canadian Broadcast Corp. They ended the partnership because of broadcast issues. CBC had them on a day earlier, which was fine, but could not/would not stop the file sharing that people were doing. So, if you stayed up to 1am on Saturday morning in England, you could see Doctor Who 20 hours before the BBC telecast.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Count de Money wrote:Oh, and another thing you can take to heart, Miss V, is that I very much doubt any of Eccleston's episodes will be lost to time because their original videos were taped over by the BBC.
Just think about it like this- the only major studio saving their TV episodes at the time was DesiLu- and that is probably the only reason why we have all of Star Trek.

But, at least we just got nine more episodes of Troughton's Doctor, including the last serial to feature The Great Intelligence before it resurfaced in The Snowmen. . .and in which the Doctor basically gave the GI his plan to invade the London Underground :D

Miss Vavavavoom

Artemisia wrote:Yes, I'm a veteran Whovian. I've been a Whovian through the good times and the bad, and seen Doctors come and go. Heck, I even have several copies of the novelizations of episodes dating back to the 1980's. I first read some episodes because I never got to actually see them.

And you can have all the hugs you want :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Just remember, your favorite Doctor may have left, but he have left episodes to cherish, and that's the only thing you can do.

That and enjoy the show as it continues on.
*is hugged*

I do enjoy the show. I may miss Chris but I love the Doctor in all his reincarnations.
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Great I get stuck listening to Darlek Khan!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I just bought my tickets to see Doctor Who , The Day of The Doctor , in 3d at my local theatre. Yes , it's $15. Fucks given... zero!

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy

Post by Radbaron »

And now for something completely different...

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/video ... he-doctor/

^^^^^ That should tell you everything that you need to know :)