Last movie you watched?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Last movie you watched?

Post by Radbaron »

pssst, spambot....

no-one clicks signature links in these forums
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Yesterday: The Fast and the Furious.
It was on TV.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Last night Blind Fury with Rutger Hauer was on, great classic with him as a blind guy who's very deadly with a sword.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Bender's Game...on DVD.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Fast & Furious 6 at the cinema and Grandpa MacClane goes to Soviet Russia on DVD.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Ah, Blind Fury.... been meaning to pick up a copy of that... "Unreasonable people make life so difficult."

Last in the theater was Star Trek into Darkness, and last here at home was The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Last film in the theatre was Man of Steel. Will see Woman of Kleenex when it comes out.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Ah yes, that new superman movie..
Somehow i can't bring myself to go watch it, its just so damn predictable....

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Best parts of the Man of Steel movie were the Jor-El scenes, Russel Crowe lent a good air of gravitas to the movie, and most of the humanity. Kevin Costner as Pa Kent... meh.

And the tornado scene? Totally unnecessary, very contrived plot device, and will probably get people killed from it's bad advice. (Good Advice: DO NOT HIDE FROM A TORNADO UNDER AN OVERPASS)

And Zod doesn't understand basic math.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

I was in a gaming mood tonight so to chill out after some Starcraft 2 i put on Doom(the movie) .
Its not that good for a game movie but the action and onliners are fun to watch and i have seen worse.(Streetfighter movie with Van Damme... b-( )

Titan

Post by Titan »

I recently saw the 2004 film Appleseed, based off of the popular manga by legendary Manga illustrator Masamune Shirow. Most of it was good but it had some very obvious flaws in my opinion.
Thereupon he rose, beyond the pillars of Hercules.
The monstrosity erupted from Poseidon's grasp and held the fiery beacon.
Through pain a torture, the colossus lit the way for the weary travelers.
Beckoning their stay upon the shores of Rhodes, giving peace to those who suffer.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Since i was cut of from the internet for one and ahlf month due to my pc diciding to die on me(had to replace most parts of it..) i had to fill my time in other ways like giong to the movies :)
First i went to Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters, a good fantasy aktion movie in witch Percy and friends need to recover the Golden Fleece to cure the tree thats keeping camp Half-blood safe and to stop some renegade half-gods from using it to revive Cronos, the Titan lord.
Its not as good as the first movie but it definitly was worth the time,even more so for some of the cameo's(like Nathan Fillion as Hermes.)

Other movie i went to was The Mortal Instruments:City Of Bones based on book with the same name.(i read the 1st book of the series the day before i went.)
Like with most book to movie conversions it was a total failure,since u get pulled through the book at breakneck speed making u wonder what the hell it was about,altrough some scenes were nice worked out.
Thankfully the ending indicated this Twilight wannabe won't be getting a sequel,for wich i'm thankfull.

Titan

Post by Titan »

Weertangel wrote:Since i was cut of from the internet for one and ahlf month due to my pc diciding to die on me(had to replace most parts of it..) i had to fill my time in other ways like giong to the movies :)
First i went to Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters, a good fantasy aktion movie in witch Percy and friends need to recover the Golden Fleece to cure the tree thats keeping camp Half-blood safe and to stop some renegade half-gods from using it to revive Cronos, the Titan lord.
Its not as good as the first movie but it definitly was worth the time,even more so for some of the cameo's(like Nathan Fillion as Hermes.)

Other movie i went to was The Mortal Instruments:City Of Bones based on book with the same name.(i read the 1st book of the series the day before i went.)
Like with most book to movie conversions it was a total failure,since u get pulled through the book at breakneck speed making u wonder what the hell it was about,altrough some scenes were nice worked out.
Thankfully the ending indicated this Twilight wannabe won't be getting a sequel,for wich i'm thankfull.
I haven't seen the movie. It is sad that this is what became of it considering I am a die hard fan of the Mortal Instruments. It is also sad that people compare this to Twilight considering the books came out before the Twilight books, yet the twilight movies came out before this. I had been hoping Harald Zwart would be able to do the book series some justice, but it seems I was wrong. Oh well. I still have my book collection. I love the Mortal Instruments to death man! W00T!

I saw the movie Don Jon, which was hilarious.
Thereupon he rose, beyond the pillars of Hercules.
The monstrosity erupted from Poseidon's grasp and held the fiery beacon.
Through pain a torture, the colossus lit the way for the weary travelers.
Beckoning their stay upon the shores of Rhodes, giving peace to those who suffer.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Trust me, if u love the Mortal instruments then u don't really need to see the movie, altrough some scenes like the midnight picknick Clary and Jace have are really well done, but others like Simon getting turned into a rat just gets turned into him being kidnapped by the vampires and bitten, but then they don't do anything with it, same goes for the part where Clary is attacked by that Ravener demon,they just cut it out completely..
makes u wonder who the hell wrote this script and apperently changed it suddenly...

And you are right, i should't call it a wannabe twilight series, but that was the first thing that came to my head when i watched the movie(not the book though, thats totally different.)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Finally got around to seeing Minority Report, and: meh.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous