Last movie you watched?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Titan

Re: Last movie you watched?

Post by Titan »

Weertangel wrote:Trust me, if u love the Mortal instruments then u don't really need to see the movie, altrough some scenes like the midnight picknick Clary and Jace have are really well done, but others like Simon getting turned into a rat just gets turned into him being kidnapped by the vampires and bitten, but then they don't do anything with it, same goes for the part where Clary is attacked by that Ravener demon,they just cut it out completely..
makes u wonder who the hell wrote this script and apperently changed it suddenly...

And you are right, i should't call it a wannabe twilight series, but that was the first thing that came to my head when i watched the movie(not the book though, thats totally different.)
Well, that happens honestly. I did have high hopes for this movie. I really did. I really like The Karate Kid by Harald Zwart and thought that he would do this some justice. It saddens me. I still need to see it though considering I am a film critic, but nevertheless, this reception from virtually everybody makes me weary.

The studios are making a sequel, and they say they are delaying the sequel for script purposes (They probably figured out the problems with the first one), and I am happy they are making it despite the box office reception. However, I do hope they grab a different director...
Thereupon he rose, beyond the pillars of Hercules.
The monstrosity erupted from Poseidon's grasp and held the fiery beacon.
Through pain a torture, the colossus lit the way for the weary travelers.
Beckoning their stay upon the shores of Rhodes, giving peace to those who suffer.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

ow, it saddens me that they make a sequel, since they messed up the first one so much.
Makes me wonder how they are gonna do it, becouse they really do need to begin from square one,mainly couse the current one seemed to be intended as a stand-alone movie, since the storie was edited so much that its near inpossible to make a sequel of that ending...

Evil Ben

Post by Evil Ben »

Veronica Mars. I really liked the show when it was on the air.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Robocop(2014)
Not a bad remake of the original, altrough i don't like how long it takes for the movie to really get giong.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

edge of tomorrow

all i have to say is

*shot*

Maggot!

*shot*

Maggot!

*shot*

Maggot!

*shot*

Maggot!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Never read the comic of Edge of Tomorrow but i liked the movie, good action and some dark comedy mixed in.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

All You Need is Kill.

not as comedic. its more like Gantz.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Smokey And The Bandit (1977)

Believe it or not, I had never seen it all the way through until about a couple of weeks ago.... :-o
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I saw Wonder Woman this Sunday and HOLY CRAP WAS IT GOOD!

Erm... sorry about that.

Okay, spoiler free: the plot was engaging, the characters were great from the beginning to (almost) the end. The cast changes partway through, which should be a drawback, but is handled deftly. The combat scenes rock; Gal Gadot is up there with Scarlett Johannsen in the ass-kicking department. Chris Pine is a great Steve Trevor, dedicated, a little world-weary and a good match for the Amazonian Princess. The villains are a little shallow, but suitably evil. The real villain of the movie though is the Great War itself. It is shown repeatedly chewing up lives like an insatiable monster. The myriad ways in which it manages the break bodies, minds and souls is an ongoing theme in the movie.
Which, leads me to my one serious complaint (sort of). While Ares has some good lines before the big finale, he just wasn't godly enough for me. After watching the horrors of the front through Wonder Woman's eyes, you really expect him to be well... more impressive. He's not bad, mind you, but he's not on the level of Hiddleston's Loki. As I said, the War itself is more powerful and intimidating than the God of War, which may have been the director's point.
I'm really hoping this is the turning point for DC's movies and not a lone high point.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Lokitsu wrote:I saw Wonder Woman this Sunday and HOLY CRAP WAS IT GOOD!

Erm....
I agree with everything. Gal is FINE!!! I really liked how they made her naivety charming versus obnoxious. When the secret about her origins were released, is it just me

or did she start to fly? Especially in the last scene.
Man she kicked ass though.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I saw Spider-Man: Homecoming on Friday and HOLY CRAP IT WAS GOOD!

(Hmmm... Deja-vu?)

Tom Holland is THE definitive Spider-Man. He manages to balance the sheer joy of having super powers with the awkwardness of still being a kid. Michael Keaton plays the Vulture as an understandable, even sympathetic villain who is, at the same time, scary as hell. The supporting cast is great, both Peter's best friend Ned and a side character, Michelle, steal every scene either is in. Finally, there is just the right amount of Robert Downey JR. The plot is not groundbreaking, but still very well written with a few scenes that are absolute genius.
DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING SPOILER UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE.
The entire sequence from when Peter goes to pick up Liz for the dance to when her Dad has his "little talk" with Peter is absolutely Oscar worthy. Then, when Pete has to ditch Liz, ruining the budding romance and his happiness in order to do the right thing is the essence of a Spider-Man story.
What I love best about both Homecoming and Wonder Woman is that these are two completely different films; one could argue that they're different genres entirely (Homecoming is a teen film in the best John Hughs tradition), yet they are both superhero films and both were made with a love and respect for the characters. Honestly Hollywood, I didn't hink you could do it.

Oh, and there's not one mention of the @&$$*#¥ Green Goblin or $#%€£¥ dead Uncle Ben. :ymapplause:
Last edited by Lokitsu on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

None? :-j
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Lokitsu wrote:I saw Spider-Man: Homecoming on Friday and HOLY CRAP IT WAS GOOD <SNIP>

Oh, and there's not one mention of the @&$$*#¥ Green Goblin or $#%€£¥ dead Uncle Ben. :ymapplause:
I disagree but I just loved the Garfield films so maybe biased.

Also Parker mentions hot aunt May is still dealing with Ben's death, although subtle.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

It's not that I disliked the Amazing Spiderman movies; I just didn't want to sit though another rehash of his origin story. I'd be just as aggravated if we see the destruction of Krypton or the murders in Crime Alley ever again. And I've never been a big fan of the Green Goblin. His motivations and personality are usually pretty poorly defined. He often does things just for the sake of being evil. I'm referring to the character in general, not any particular version. Also, the original comic book Goblin costume is goofy looking. And I say that as a long time comic fan. I know, most of Spidey's villains look pretty silly, but at least some like Doc Ock or The Vulture can be updated. I've yet to see a decent looking GG in any of the movies. Maybe if the used the Hobgoblin suit as a template, it might work better on the screen.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

good thing they didn't cover the origin story at all then and pick up some time after the airport event.
ImageImageImage