Toonami returns on May 26th

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

SilentChaos87

Toonami returns on May 26th

Post by SilentChaos87 »

So as some of you may or may not know. Adult Swim did a toonami block for their 2012 April fool's joke. Well following the success, the massive feedback, and begging from fans Adult Swim has listened and toonami is coming back as Adult Swim's Saturday night programming on the 26th.

I don't know about you guys but I'm absolutely thrilled. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had their anime cherry popped by toonami. Its like getting a piece of my childhood back.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Adamas

Re: Toonami returns on May 26th

Post by Adamas »

dear gods I hope they actually show some good stuff instead of that crap AS shows now
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Amen. AS's shit is getting.. shitty.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

I won't be able to get a bead on the full schedule till saturday when it'll be on the Adult Swim site, but sounds like they've axed Duradura, Kekkaishi, FLCL, Big O, Ghost in the Shell, and Inuyasha for the sake of Toonami. Bleach and FMA have been simply moved around.

Personally I hope they take advantage of the new late night block to air more mature stuff. Like Fate/Zero.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Remember when AS was the weekend more mature Anime block? Where did we go wrong! Oh Yeah, they swapped stuff AS from mature anime to Seth McFarlene and low budget monkey-written CRAP and swapped Toonami from anime to crappy live action movies. SCI-FI was showing better anime then AS when they had Ani-monday. What worries me is that it looks like the "Geniuses" behind the current AS are in charge of Toonami, so my hope level is underground deeper then Lagaan was.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Holding my expectations fairly low at this point. While Cartoon Network has, in general, been looking up in the past year or so from the rock bottom they hit with their live action experiments, things could still take a turn for the worst in the blink of an eye. They need to bring back animators like McCracken, Tartakovsky and Faust in addition to scheduling good NEW anime before midnight to really show recovery.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

They also have to be able to show stuff you can't just find online. Toonami was great back in the day before you couldn't just go online and find whatever you wanted, but these days there are tons of places you can watch old and new anime

If nothing else, I suppose it'd be a great gateway to get kids interested in anime when thy wouldn't have otherwise seen it. It'll do for them what it did for, probably, most of us

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.