Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Count de Money

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Post by Count de Money »

Dammit! My recorder missed the last few minutes of Saturday's episode!

Regarding Amon: I don't believe 90% of what he says. His story about his childhood is complete BS, and he may actually be a bender himself. In fact, Amon may not even be -- a man. Lin Bei Fong is too much of a red herring to be Amon, so my money's on that Saito guy. It was too much of a "coincidence" his daughter picked that exact moment to crash into Mako. She isn't Amon, but she's probably a chi blocker.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

We've never seen them on screen at the same time, but my impression was that Saito was shorter and stockier than Amon. Could be faking the stocky, but no so much the short. On the other hand, Saito does have a hand in some of the latest technological developments. The tech being used by the Equalists could very well have come from his factories, and he might see it as good for his business if bending was no longer available and his tech had to fill the gap. Even if he's just secretly a major backer of the Equalists, the betrayal could make for an interesting story twist.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Awesome Mulan/Korra AMV :D

You might or might not have to watch it with a proxy IP.
(I had to at least, since Youtube blocked it in my country)
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Spiderlin/Korra for Artemisia. ;)

Dat Beifong swag. Image

Edit:

It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

milk experiment

Is it just me, or is the whole Tenzin / Beifong / Pema history revealed in the last episode kind of hilarious? I get a kick out of every chink in Tenzin's cool-headed monk facade. :)

Also, I have a new crazy fan theory about where the Equalists are getting their high-tech weapons:

Early in the last episode, there's a radio ad for "Cabbage Corp: Republic City's trusted name in technology for over 50 years." I think the cabbage merchant who kept getting his stock destroyed by The Gaang in Avatar: The Last Airbender grew to hate benders with a passion. One of his children -- raised on their father's anti-bender sentiment -- went on to found the tech company that supplies Amon.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

^^^Naw, I love that stuff too. It's amazing how Korra can slip right under Tenzin's carefully constructed facade and make him fold like a cheap suit.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Part of it is Tenzin has these memories of the Avatar as his father (Mature, respected and respectful, not to mention MALE!). Which is clashing horribly with Korra's (Young, hot-tempered, very physical, has no problem speaking her mind) attitude.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

milk experiment wrote:Also, I have a new crazy fan theory about where the Equalists are getting their high-tech weapons:

Early in the last episode, there's a radio ad for "Cabbage Corp: Republic City's trusted name in technology for over 50 years." I think the cabbage merchant who kept getting his stock destroyed by The Gaang in Avatar: The Last Airbender grew to hate benders with a passion. One of his children -- raised on their father's anti-bender sentiment -- went on to found the tech company that supplies Amon.
You're the second one i've seen mention that theory.

I need to re-watch Atla again so i can remember all the details i've forgotten. I had forgotten all about the cabbage merchant. :/

Anyway, going to continue the picture spam.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Spongebob is a doucebag. Seriously.

But the revenge is sweet.

Edit:

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

milk experiment

TellusEidolon wrote:Sokka and Toph cosplay
The name tag even says "WANG FIRE" -- perfect. :)

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Yeah, i noted that too. :)

I found another awesome Toph cosplayer. (I promise, last one from me for a few days! >_>;)

milk experiment

Nice choice of background and pose for that shot. Instant earth bending without a time-consuming trip through Photoshop. :-bd

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Sorry to disappoint you, Milk, but that is the photoshopped version. :p

This is the original.

I like the sign in the background. Violators will be removed by Toph. :ymdevil:

milk experiment

That's what I get for not paying close enough attention, I guess. :)

Some Korra fan art from John Joseco: