Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Post by Tenjen »

You're.

My previous job required me to be a grammar nazi.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Episode 4 is out! :D

I don't like that sleazy councilman at all. He reminds me of Long Feng. I expect him to betray them all at some point.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

=)) =)) =))

Fooly Cooly reference in LoK?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

TellusEidolon wrote:Image
Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

J MAN I WAS GONNA DO THAT GODDAMNIT HAD TO GO TO MY SISTERS BEFORE I COULD RAFFEM SCRAZZIM !

Still hilarious though.

WHEN YOUR POWERS COMBINE!

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Guess who again?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

:3
ImageImageImage

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I haven't sat down to watch any yet, but John Joseco (well known on the MLP thread) just posted this:
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Even a madman needs to eat!

Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ravenhull wrote:I haven't sat down to watch any yet, but John Joseco (well known on the MLP thread) just posted this:

Ah, excellent. More distractions to keep him from working on The Lounge. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

Glad to see this get its own thread. I'm loving the show so far. :)

Episode 5 was wonderful! Poor Bolin; he's so hilarious when he suffers. And I'm really starting to like Tenzin's elder daughter, Jinora. She's bookish, snarky, and a little dark if the whole "burn the country with a dragon for love" thing is any indication. Anyone who knows my Twilight Sparkle favoritism from the MLP thread shouldn't be surprised that I think Jinora's great. :)

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Am I the only one that felt that episode 5 had been rushed? The writing seemed unpolished and the romance was really cliché. Still, Bolin's heartbreak was hilarious though and it was a nice touch with Korra using healing to heal his shoulder. :)

@Milk: Yup, i like Jinora too. Great character. :D

Anyway, here is the [Un-Aired Pilot] of Avatar The Last Airbender.

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

TellusEidolon wrote:The writing seemed unpolished and the romance was really cliché.
I think part of what I liked was that, as cliché as some aspects of the romance was, it broke several typical TV romance clichés as well. Korra didn't have to wait around pining over Mako, she made the first move. And she moved on him again (practically pounced on him actually) when he later revealed that he did have feelings for her. That's all perfectly in-character for the impulsive Avatar, but it's also a nice change of pace for mainstream media romances.

I also like that Korra's looks are only cited as a reason for liking her once at the end of a list of her other impressive qualities, and then only as a set-up for a gag about Bolin's high self-regard in that department. "I'm gorgeous!" Followed by a line to Pabu in his best Berry White voice. ;))
TellusEidolon wrote:Anyway, here is the [Un-Aired Pilot] of Avatar The Last Airbender.
Interesting. Do you happen to know if the version with commentary is on a particular DVD release of the series? I'm planning to get all 3 seasons, and I'd be interested in seeing that.

Also, these images from episode 4's flashback have me hoping we'll see a little more of the previous show's heroes soon:

ImageImageImage
Conjecture about episode 4's end: the reason Korra didn't Avatar State her captors into a pulp is that she can't. The pilot established that she's as lousy at the spiritual aspects of bending as she is excellent at the physical aspects -- another way she's very different from Aang. Since the Avatar State involves channeling all the spirits of all past Avatars, it's currently beyond her reach.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

True, Aang would've been pulped if he set foot in a pro-bending ring early on.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image