Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Post by TellusEidolon »

That would have been an epic training session. :D
(Yes, Azula was one of my favourite characters. <3)

I knew this would happen sooner or later.

Linked for size
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Some people never learn. Like those 3 gangsters korra beats up. I strongly suspect they're the cross dimensional reincarnation of the guys who go blown away by jiraiya when resengan first came up
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

So you're saying they're Team Rocket then. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Deep down you know you do ;) :p

Everybody loves Korra

Edit:

Also, i'm still waiting for someone to make a Makorra amv with A whole New World.

I'm not a shipper, but from what i've seen of the fanbase i know its going to happen sooner or later.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I love Aangs son. Not just cause hes a good char but His emotes and expressions. Specially the "DON'T RBI MY MOTHER INTO THIS/redface
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Watched the end credits, and so many actors I know!

JK Simmons is Tenzin, but you may know him from his role as J. Jonah Jameson from the Spider-Man franchise. David Faustino does Mako, but most people would recognize him as Married With Children's Bud Bundy. Lance Henriksen plays the Lieutenant, but to me he'll always be my favorite synthetic human Bishop from Aliens. Also, Steve Blum plays the anti-bender movement's leader, but he's voiced a ton of series. You've probably heard him as Tom, the robot host of Adult Swim's Toonami block, or maybe as Wolverine from a couple of different versions of X-Men cartoons. He'll be most famous to me and a lot of other people as Spike Spiegel, the cool-as-a-cucumber bounty hunter from Cowboy Bebop.

Also, how cool is it they named one of the main characters Mako? FYI, Mako was the voice actor for Iroh in the first two seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but he died of cancer shortly before the last few episodes of Season 2 aired. It's a great tribute for an awesome actor.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

You guys missed some fan art. . .from a certain someone (I'll let you all guess who)

"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Nice. Ok what's y'all favorite quote so far.

It's kind of a toss-up between

"Korra:"I think he's asleep.
Tenzin: "Well, at least he's got the relaxing part down"

"You're the Avatar, and I'm an idiot"
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

lawl
Yet still, I live...

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Adamas wrote:Nice. Ok what's y'all favorite quote so far.

My favorite quote isn't so much a "quote" as the face Korra shot back at Lin Bei Fong after Lin gave Korra the old "I'm watching you!" gesture. I laughed so hard. That's something Aang would never have done, and just one way the new Avatar differs from the old Avatar.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

J.K Simmons was also President Howard T. Ackerman in Red Alert 3.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Count de Money wrote:
Adamas wrote:Nice. Ok what's y'all favorite quote so far.

My favorite quote isn't so much a "quote" as the face Korra shot back at Lin Bei Fong after Lin gave Korra the old "I'm watching you!" gesture. I laughed so hard. That's something Aang would never have done, and just one way the new Avatar differs from the old Avatar.
Well when you first see her she busts a hole in the wall yelling "I'm the Avatar! And you gotta deal with it!" Yeah shaolin monk she is NOT.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

That is one of my top quotes so far.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I figured it'd be him yelling "Yeah, your a terrible teacher, daddy!"