ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

A site dedicated to Skyrim mods:

It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I think it's going to take me a while to get use to Skyrim. My biggest problem is the movement. Using my mouse to turn makes things a bit choppy and hurts my eyes.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

maybe its your specs, what system you running on
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

The problem is that the set up is that I can only use 'a' and 'd' to strafe left or right. I can do without the strafe if I could use them to turn in place.. That would make my life a lot easier. It isn't the game, it's the set up. If I have to turn around using the mouse, it isn't smooth, and it makes it choppy to my eyes because of the motion of my hands.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

aaahh

maybe higher mouse sensitivity? though that will fuck up you trying to hit anything...potentially
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'll try, but I've also emailed them to see if they can help. My impression is almost that the game was designed for a console not a PC.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

nah the controls are just a bit awkwardness of the game engine in melee combat.

its an advanced version of the fallout 3/nv one.
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Upping the mouse sensitivity helped a bit. The new mouse helps a lot too.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

oh and if you're getting mods, have a manager program like nexus that loads them for you
ImageImageImage

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I simply broke down and got a used xbox360 controller for when I play New vegas. I'm just too used to console gaming i guess.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

iam too used to the keyboards myself. i did skyrim on the xbox though, was fine. but then the characters move different between skyrim and fallout. Skyrim has a more organic feel developed to go with its sword, shield, spell and arrow combat

Got any quality of life mods Artemesia :3?
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I haven't done any mods yet. So far, I'm mostly learning the early ropes and getting use to the game. I seem to do very well with magic, but am not very good with anything else.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

I started out like that too, Artemisia. But then, i'm always best at the casting roles in rpgs (and ranged combat too).