ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by Artemisia »

I seem to be alright during the day, but not at night.

I'm not happy with some things in the game, though. I'm still learning. I don't really like having a companion. I keep killing mine. I ran into a giant...one hit and I'm flying through the air dead as a door mouse lol
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Artemisia wrote:I seem to be alright during the day, but not at night.

I'm not happy with some things in the game, though. I'm still learning. I don't really like having a companion. I keep killing mine. I ran into a giant...one hit and I'm flying through the air dead as a door mouse lol

Yeah that was actually one of a few bugs that they never fixed because it was just so funny. (Like being able to put a basket over some shopkeeper's head and robbing him blind). And yeah, Companions tend to be a pain in dungeons if you're a sneaky sneaky one. I just grab Aela when I'm going to a Dragon Wall.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Yeah, followers in vanilla skyrim is a pain. You could try out the UFO (Ultimate Follower Overhaul) mod.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

You'll like this one female companion in Riften. She's the do gooder Lion titled one there. She's strong, great looking, has good character, commentary on zones and is immortal. (just not immune to disappearing from the world, so careful)

I HEAVILY suggest tellus's mod suggestion
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I finally got it installed :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

do you have a mod manager? like the one's we mentioned above? they're very convenient for managing, unloading and loading mods, etc
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

GODDAMNIT i had a nice list in a pm too you and the fucking page resets for NO GODDAMN REASON ARGGHGHHAH PWEFHJ[0 wsgf \sg \sdrg

/rolling over keyboard out of stress-induced elapse into kitten behaviour*
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I spent this morning just wandering about gathering mats and poking into places near the first town.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

if you go exploring you wont be seen for a year ingame.

I once left to explore a hill near whiterun and had only come back after gaining a thorough knowledge of the entire lands that encompass whiterun's territory. (A month of real time later) Seriously i still remember where all the giant camps are located and even a shrine with nice potions and gold on it.
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yeah...running into giants isn't nice. That usually results in flying through the air like a rag doll.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

stealth, arrows and when that fails i climb a big rock or bunch of big rocks and pepper them with ranged *nods*

Also the giants arent ussually alone and there are mamoths too

ALSO FLEEING. FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEING

oh oh some pointers.

erm erm the weapon enchant for soul stealing, get a weapon enchanting, maybe like a bow and set the enchant on its minimum value when you enchant the weapon. (to 1sec length, you need only land a killing bow on a creature with the weapon then). And always keep a stock of differenet grades of soul gems, cause if you kill a low level creature it will fill the lowest tier soul gem...and if you dont have actual low tier soul gems and your lowest tier soul gem is a greater soul gem...well thats very expensive waste.

also i sort of remember this unique elemental damage soul stealing enchant from a certain weapon somewhere in skyrim, ill hunt its location and name down. its rather useful. You're a spell caster, so theres still staves and such around to use.
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

oh and if you're magic, an early trip to the mage college is called for, up north. After some exploring and a trip up a certain mountain.
ImageImageImage

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Daedric Quests are VERY useful. Especially Azura's for Enchanters .Azura's Star is an Infinitely-rechargeable Grand soul Gem if you give it to her,as well as a pretty damn good mage follower, or an Infinitely-rechargeable Black soul Gem (Grand with the ability to capture Humanoid [like Bandits] souls.),but no follower, If you give it to the Mage that helps you.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Sweet! More Skyrim folks! =)

I play on XBox, but I love it.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I rerolled and decided to try playing an archer ;) I'm one of those lizard people too. I'm doing very well.