ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by TellusEidolon »

Was it a stealth kill? You might have had high enough stealth skill to not be seen.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yep, it was a stealth kill, and I was all the way up on the ridge above the town.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

have you got your THUME?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I keep rerolling. I think the highest I've gotten is lvl 22 :)

I'll press ahead, though.

I do need to find a way to reduce the glare in the game. It's hurting my eyes and making it hard to play sometimes :(
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

yeah, it's almost like someone forgot to adjust for the fact you spend half your time in a WHITE SNOW FIELD!!! X( I'll see if I can find a mod on Nexus to help
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

I remember i had a dull snow texture mod at one time that i used because the vanilla snow textures combined with realistic lightning w/customization mod made it really glaring.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

all the ones I find are mostly "realistic" ones, might help inside, but might make the snow-glare worse (Jeeze, haven;t these people ever heard of snow goggles?!)
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yeah :( I'm very photo sensitive, so the glare from everything can hurt my eyes a lot. I've tried taking down the brightness, and I may have to do that again.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, I found out that I can use Steam to download a lot of mods...one of them must have affected the lighting because it isn't as harsh as it was. I haven't added a huge number, but a few have been nice :)

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

A word of warning about the steam mod manager. It automatically updates the mods every time you run the game. It's one of the reasons i think NMM is better to use since you can choose if you want to update the mods or not.

(Just in case you didn't know. If you do, then just ignore my comment. <.<)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I saw that, but I get so confused that it makes it hard for me to put the mods in by hand, so I'll just go with this. Besides, most of them don't seem to be something I'm overly worried about.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Most of the Nexus mods are configured so that the Manager handles the downloads automatically Thats why most of the files have the option to use the Manager or Download manually. Manual downloads aren't usually that complicated...unless your on windows 8 then it's annoying X(

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Tired of snow? Cold? ICE! Well, there is a mod that I am playing that will take you away to the tropic ... Tropic Skyrim!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33017
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Right now, I can't play Skyrim at all :( I need to wait for my body to adjust to not having any anti-anxiety meds in it :(