ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by TellusEidolon »

Yeah, archery is overpowered in Skyrim. If you can find a place to hide and/or stand in a place where the npcs can't get to you (like a mountain top, shooting down on them). >_>;

Also, are you playing with any mods?
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Only one so far, but I'll be looking through the recommended ones this week since I'm no longer under pressures of a deadline.

I like playing stealthy and assassination-y.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artemisia wrote:I like playing stealthy and assassination-y.
I agree wholeheartedly with you on that. ;)

If i ever get around to get the Dawnguard/Dragonborn DLC's i will start a dark elf vampire magician and a redguard werewolf ranger/assassin playthrough.

Although, i'm probably going to wait untill i can get them both on sale. >.>'
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

What? No love for Kajiit? =(( This one likes being Kajiit. Kajiit like to sneak. :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I have to admit to being torn between playing a Cat and playing a Lizard ;)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

For some odd reason I always wind up playing a Kajiit Female. Usually a bare-clawed attacker type (just enough Heavy Armor to get the Iron Fist perk.) Well forged Dwarven Gauntlets on a Kajiit does more damage then most weapons.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

have you followed the BADASS FIST COMBAT GUIDE?!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Adamas wrote:What? No love for Kajiit? =(( This one likes being Kajiit. Kajiit like to sneak. :ymdevil:
My ranger/assassin loves Khajiits... as pets. :ymdevil: :p

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I rerolled, made a Khajiit...I'm up to lvl 22 and kind of scary. I've been doing a number of one-shot kills being sneaky. Got my smithing up so I can make elfen armor :)

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Yeah, stealth one-shot kills are so OP in Skyrim.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yeah, but if I screw up, I'm usually dead.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

At least your first character isn't a mage wearing only robes. >_>;

I died so much in the early game because of lack of armour and low health. XD

First changed when i got a decent skill with destruction and managed to get a few first shots with sneakiness.

If you want a challenge in Skyrim. Play expert/master difficulty wearing no armour. :ymdevil:

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I don't know if this is bad, but I seem to have a problem killing NPC's...I've killed a number of hunters and wanderers and such without meaning to...they had nice loot though :)

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

As long as there are no living witnesses hon, there's no bounty. :ymdevil:

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

So far, no witnesses :D

The weird part was, I did kill someone in front of other people, but I was so far away that I didn't get a bounty placed on me for some reason.