ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lord Styphon

ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by Lord Styphon »

TES vs MLP for fuckhuegest thread gogogo

Random Wanderer

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by Random Wanderer »

I don't think we'll be able to outdo ponies here. But we can talk.

On the main quest, the Blades have suddenly decided to turn into jerks. Until I kill one of my best allies who has been helping me fight Alduin, and just happens to be a dragon, the Blades refuse to help me any further. Apparently, some thousand or more years ago, this dragon was on the other side and committed crimes against humanity before deciding to switch sides and help humanity defeat Alduin. Blades say he's still guilty of those crimes and justice demands he must be executed immediately. I say jsutice must always be tempered with mercy and common sense. He realized his mistake, he helped stop Alduin in the last war, he's helping me now, and he's the leader of an order of monks who could probably destroy most of the country just by shouting at it. Mercy says we should recognize that he's trying to atone for what he's done, and common sense says don't piss off the guys who cause earthquakes just by talking to you.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Finally just started last night. Got to Riverrun and on the Golden Claw quest...

Damn I am impressed. I'm saving up my skill points for the moment as I decide how I want to play, but looking over stuff, I've already found things I want to use them on.

And the crafting... I love it...

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

yeah, but it's expensive getting 60 smithing so I can enhance my enchanted gear. :(
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Random Wanderer

My mage has beaten the main quest. One of my personal quirks is that I tend to lose patience doing minor quests after a while and have to go back to a major quest, otherwise I'll end up giving up on the game. That happened to me several times in Morrowind. Anyway, the final area is visually amazing. Best with a good graphics card, of course. Don't forget to look up: the sky is an incredible view in that place.

Now to play some other characters. Maybe I'll end this civil war, while I'm at it. I just wish there weren't so many shades of gray on both sides. Both of them are right about what they're fighting for.

Random Wanderer

I guess we used up most of our comments in the other thread? :p No matter. I still have quests to solve and different character types to play. I suppose I should actually try joining the Dark Brotherhood this time, instead of just killing their leader when she shows up to recruit me. Although I have to compliment the game's designers: the quest that got the Dark Brotherhood interested in me in the first place is one where even a good character will likely think that killing the person in question is the right decision.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Yep that bitch deserved it. "the Kind" indeed....
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

I try to complete every possible storyline I can..

In Oblivion I OWNED Cyrodil =) I was the guildmaster of all 4 guilds AND saved the Realm... that's right, I was the secret leader of the entire realm! =)

I think this will be harder in Skyrim and I am glad. I will do stuff on the side in towns as I can, but I will pursue the main story line. I will though take the time to make sure I am ready to fight/kill what I have to...

To the mines for ore to craft armor and weapons!

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

thaldin wrote:I try to complete every possible storyline I can..

In Oblivion I OWNED Cyrodil =) I was the guildmaster of all 4 guilds AND saved the Realm... that's right, I was the secret leader of the entire realm! =)

I think this will be harder in Skyrim and I am glad. I will do stuff on the side in towns as I can, but I will pursue the main story line. I will though take the time to make sure I am ready to fight/kill what I have to...

To the mines for ore to craft armor and weapons!

Well since this time while your in the Brotherhood you [redacted for non-spoilerocity] :p

Random Wanderer

From the currently playing thread...
milk experiment wrote:Have any other Skyrim players had their brains infected by Max von Sydow's voice like I have? I was just reading this news article, and kept hearing all the quotes from the authority they were citing as if they were delivered by von Sydow's character, Esbern.

I was half expecting the article to end with "but there is one the Chinese military-industrial complex fears..." 8-}
Not really. Esbern doesn't seem to play a significantly greater part of the story than many other characters, so I'm hardly hearing his voice so often that it's all I can hear. Besides, he stopped talking to me after I refused to do something monumentally stupid that he insisted I need to do.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Random Wanderer wrote:Besides, he stopped talking to me after I refused to do something monumentally stupid that he insisted I need to do.

Yeah I finally got to that point and I SSSOOOO wanted an option to point out that by that point I could bring their base down around their ears. X(

Random Wanderer

I would have liked an option to at least tell them off. To point out that they came looking for me, I didn't go to them. And maybe to mention that I haven't actually been relying on them for anything, so telling me they won't support me any more doesn't really hurt me at all. All it really does is ensure they lose what little influence they had on events in Skyrim.
Last edited by Random Wanderer on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

Some spoiler tags might be in order for those of us who haven't gotten to that part of the main quest line yet...

Random Wanderer

Hey, I've very carefully not said what it is that they want me to do or why they're upset at me for not doing it. There's only so much one can hide in a spoiler tag before you end up removing so much context that people can't tell what you're referring to at all, and end up needing to read the spoilers anyway just to know whether what you're talking about is something they've reached or not.