ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

milk experiment

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by milk experiment »

Sorry, I may be extra spoiler-sensitive after having one of the early surprises in the Companion quest line spoiled before I got there.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

level 25 almost 80 hours ... now a vampire and I have 3 black soul gems in my home and can't get to them i am so annoyed X( so freaking annoyed ... had to start over X(
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

Interesting. I reloaded an earlier save the one time I accidentally became a vampire. Why can't you get back to your house?

I'm at 122 hours so far, split across... hmm... seven characters, I think. There may be one or two more than I lost track of.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Searcher, if your vampirism is that apparent, Try finding a sleeping bandit to feed on. It resets your vampirism to stage 1 where they might look at you funny but not attack you. Or become a werewolf. But if you go that way, I hope you like having people comment on you smelling like a wet dog and the fur growing out of your ears. (This one is Khajit. This one always has fur growing out of one's ears. :p )
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Random Wanderer

If people have issues with me being a werewolf, people can shove them. :p

I do wish werewolves could jump better, though. That was one of the most fun things about them in Morrowind. Getting on top of buildings and walls... traversal became a whole new game once you became a werewolf. But in Skyrim everybody and everything has the exact same jumping height. Disappointing.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

yeah. I just find it funny that I'm a felinoid , and only have people remarking after my furry ears when I turn in a dog-man :p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

milk experiment

Well, now I know why everyone's so annoyed at the Blades. I think my next play-through will have to be with the revenge-obsessesed Bosmer I have waiting in the wings. She'll have no trouble agreeing with Esbern that Paarthurnax needs to die. I'm kind of curious to find out what happens if you go through with it.

Has anyone else who's collected Sanguine's Rose had trouble getting it to work properly? I'm not sure if it's a bug or bad luck, but the dremora it summons always seems to turn against me.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

So, just getting started out in Skyrim. Not sure what I should go with, so I made 3 characters: A High Elf, for mage, a Nord, for warrior, and a Khajit, for rogue. Figure I'll get some practice in with each of them, then decide which one I want to use

Also: Mods! :D Gonna take me forever to go through all of em, since there appear to be like 5 new ones each day. Gotta love the nexus

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

How does the pc compre to the Xbox version?

I played fallout and the others on my laptop but dont have it working right now.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

milk experiment

There are three main things you'd be missing out on by going with the Xbox version, but they may not be big things depending on your priorities:
  • Mods -- The Xbox version is unmodable, so if there's some great mod that changes how the game plays in ways you might like you'd miss it. I've been pretty happy with the vanilla game, honestly. Skyrim provides a better out-of-the-box experience than Oblivion did.
  • Fan Bug Fixes -- You could technically consider this a subset of mods, but the aim here is to fix bugs Bethesda misses rather than to change the game itself. Fans fixed a bevvy of major and minor issues in Oblivion with the "Unofficial Oblivion Patch" and similar mods for Bethesda's DLC and expansions. I have yet to encounter anything but minor bugs in Skyrim, however, so again this might not be a big deal.
  • Performance Improvements -- I haven't seen or played the Xbox version, but I understand draw distance and load times are both much better on a recent PC. If the computers you have access to for playing Skyrim are more than a couple of years old or don't have very powerful graphics cards, you may actually have a better experience on the Xbox.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

So in this box...
So in this box...
WP_000221.jpg (52.17 KiB) Viewed 6826 times
So I got the Xbox collectors edition

a plastic thread parchment map. A thick 12 By 8 inch book of game ..
OH AND THIS WAS IN IT TOO.
OH AND THIS WAS IN IT TOO.
WP_000242.jpg (52.61 KiB) Viewed 6826 times
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Double post.
Attachments
Closer look at the model of Alduin
Closer look at the model of Alduin
WP_000246.jpg (62.54 KiB) Viewed 6824 times
ImageImageImage

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I'm going bare-knuckle brawler this time around. Withe the fist of steel perk I'm doing more damage with my fists then with an ebony battleaxe :D There's just something about punching out a dragon.

Random Wanderer

Doesn't work so well when your armor gets taken away, though. My warrior who used two-handed weapons got thrown into a dungeon/mine as part of a quest, and had to break back out. You can either work together with a group of pretty bad people in the prison and all get out together, but suffer the consequence of making everyone in the city it's a part of really dislike you; or you can kill their leader, take his key to the hidden exit, and break out on your own, armed only with pickaxes, shivs, and whatever magic and dragon shouts you may have. I consider the second one to be the good option, but killing the leader without any real one-handed skill or magic is very difficult. No armor, so fists of steel does nothing. Also, the way out is through a Dwemer ruin that still has working sphere guardians ready to bludgeon you to death.

It's very tough trying to fight your way through a dungeon without your gear. It's a disturbing reminder of how dependent a character is on having good equipment.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

So guess what I am in skyrim
ImageImageImage