ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Random Wanderer

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by Random Wanderer »

Just leave the giants and mammoths alone.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Adamas wrote:yeah it is. but is is quite LARGE. just remember you won't need every dragonbone/scale you acquire( Dragonplate needs like 13 scales and 6 bone to forge while Dragonscale only needs 14 scales to forge.) That and I like Daedric armor if I'm going heavy better.
Haven't even fought my first dragon yet; been getting all my gold from dungeon raiding

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Random Wanderer

What.

You're missing out on the dragon shouts! A major element of the gameplay. Go follow the main quest until the Greybeards have taught you all three words of the Unrelenting Force shout. Then you can go back to doing your wandering.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

But... but... I'm a rogue. The dungeons, the open road, they call for me

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

Random Wanderer

Then go back to them after you finish the tutorial. Which you haven't done, yet. You haven't finished unlocking all the controls for basic gameplay. To use an analogy, it's like a baby who learned to crawl and thought "this is pretty cool," and never learned to walk or run or jump because it was so hung up on the little things it could do while crawling.

There may be some exaggeration in that comparison, but hopefully you get the point. You could do everything you're doing now, but with a bunch of cool and useful capabilities added on top of it.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Eh, I guess. Honestly, I haven't had all that much trouble yet, except against a few boss type characters I've found. Pretty much everything else dies to my 15x damage dagger sneak attacks

Guess I'll go learn how to make my voice give me super strength. Cookie for whoever gets the reference ;)

Random Wanderer

Yugioh: The Abridged Series.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

You can haz cookie. Also: high-five me bro ;)

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

Any PC players have some favorite mods or utilities yet? The two I'm using:
  • TES V Save Game Manager: Elder Scrolls games have long needed something like Mass Effect's ability to switch between character profiles and their associated saved games. This tool provides just that. Just installed it last night, and used it two create profiles for a thief/assassin and mage to go along with the warrior I've been playing so far.
  • 4GB Skyrim: Do you have a PC with plenty of memory, but you're getting frequent crashes to desktop or things turning purple because textures didn't load? This fixed those problems for me, and it might for you. By default, Skyrim can only use up to 2 GB of RAM. This mod makes it "large address aware," meaning it can use up to 4 GB.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

I mostly just have a few small aesthetic changes so far. But yeah, that save game manager is awesome

Random Wanderer

I don't generally use mods, although those two sound helpful.

Right now I'm waiting for Bethesda to fix the bugs introduced by their new patch. Specifically the one that makes all magic and elemental resistances, innate or otherwise, no longer work. Bretons, Nords, and Dunmer no longer have their magic, cold, and fire resistances, respectively. They still show up in the active powers list, but they don't work. Similarly, you can now kill a flame atronach with fire spells or the flame breath shout, and you can kill frost atronachs with ice magic or shouts, and storm atronachs with electricity. It seems all resistance enchantments are broken as well. In short, mages and dragons just became a lot more deadly, because you can no longer do anything to protect yourself from them.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

and yet the elemental protection perk for Block seems to still work.

Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Random Wanderer

Adamas wrote:and yet the elemental protection perk for Block seems to still work.
It may be the only one working. My poor Nord warrior is getting chewed up by cold magic that shouldn't be hitting her that hard.

Here's a video someone made showing the issue with atronachs.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Oh, that's why my summoned flame atronach died when I accidentally hit it with a firebolt

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

If you're a PC player hit by the broken magic resistance bug, the pre-release version of Skyrim Script Extender supposedly fixes it. I say "supposedly" only because I haven't tried it myself yet. See this thread on the Bethesda forums for details.

Fan patches like this are one of the good reasons to get Bethesda games for PC if your machine can handle them.