MLP

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: MLP

Post by Ravenhull »

Flutterninja
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Twilight's breakdown reminded me of something, and I just now managed to name it: Ren and Stimpy, though without the gross factor. The faces she pulled could have been lifted right from that show.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

One of the things I love about the MLP:FiM fandom is how you can seemingly search for almost any popular song title followed by "PMV" and find at least one hit.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Ravenhull wrote:

Flutterninja
Awesome gif. :D

*Saves*
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I even liked the thumbnail for it:

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Finally found the perfect picture of me after watching all the MLP FIM season 1 and discovered how excited I was for season 2 ...

Wild, pointless, and no doubt extremely wrong speculation on this pic

I wonder if one of the old mares is Pinkie Pie's grandmother ... not the fun one but the one who would want Pinkie Pie to go back to the farm and haul rocks. 8-}

Spike has seen the plot and Twilight was not sure what to think about it.

"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

After another watch of the newest episode, my stance on the ending has softened a bit.

I was reminded of a key theme from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock in the way the rest of the Mane Cast tried to protect Twilight Sparkle from the (imagined) wrath of Princess Celestia. The needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many. It was sweet -- and I mean sweet as in nice, not SA-WEEEET -- how they were all prepared to take Twilight's punishment upon themselves. That's some real friendship there.

The end-on-a-laugh thing, though -- still cheesy.

I was also reminded of another superb line from the show. I laughed when Twilight interrupted Apple Bloom by saying, "Grrrr-eat! Just great!"
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

milk experiment wrote:Spoilerish ep 3 musings...

It speaks well of Twilight that she was able to avoid a full Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome breakdown until season 2, but when she breaks she shatters. And having powerful magic at her command when it happens is a recipe for disaster. Holy crap. :-o

This episode was funny and still kid-friendly, but it also had more mayhem and conflict than most season 1 episodes. I notice that the E/I bug is still missing, and that the narrative purpose of the ep seems to be breaking out of the one-aesop-per-episode format. I'm curious where they're going to go with the added freedom this gives them.

Overall, great episode. Drama Queen Rarity was funny and CMFIS Twilight was hilarious but kinda creepy. This face will haunt my dreams.

Actually cable/satellite channels aren't required to put the "Bug" onscreen, although many do voluntarily.

And

Image[
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

milk experiment

I think we're probably past the spoiler window now, so here's an unspoilered image of Apple Jack learning Big Macintosh's terrible secret:

(source)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Love her looking back after backing away.... and notice that he's taken off the collar... he's nekkid... ;)

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

milk experiment

I'm curious -- is there a particular reason humanized Twi so often ends up in a sweater vest? Maybe something from an early humanization that seemed to fit so well it just stuck? Some meme I missed out on due to being late to the pony party?

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

I don't know, probably because so many nerdy, super intelligent girls who are in school, durning the 80's, were often shown with sweater vest ... to me it just kind of fits her personailty. But you are right, 90% of all her 'human' pics have her dressed this way.